New 37J1 Model - The "Tophatter's Jacket" - 37J1 Pre-contract Test Jacket

jrsheairs

I just ordered mine. I pretty much had to. I was a Tophatter from 1983 to 1986. What better way to pay tribute to my squadron (the oldest in the USN) than to wear the first leather jacket available. I plan on having the squadron symbol painted on. Can’t wait!! I ran into a pilot today whose Dad was also a Tophatter and he expressed interest in getting him one. I have connections to other Tophatters so this can possibly “take off.”

Last edited:

B-Man2

I just ordered mine. I pretty much had to. I was a Tophatter from 1983 to 1986. What better way to pay tribute to my squadron (the oldest in the USN) than to wear the first leather jacket available. I plan on having the squadron symbol painted on. Can’t wait!! I ran into a pilot today whose Dad was also a Tophatter and he expressed interest in getting him one. I have connections to other Tophatters so this can possibly “take off.”
Good Luck with that........

Flightengineer

Wow ...don’t often meet Tomcat pilot here. Could you share a little of your memories of the experience in the Flight Deck thread on this forum, Sir?

jrsheairs

Yes I have a few options. Being USA based is a necessity. Right now I am working with an experienced artist who is making up a sample for me. The hide has been tested for colorfastness and it will be just fine to paint on. Now I am sending larger pieces of Capeskin to make up a sample. I will pot photos when it's done.
Any luck on that Jay?