• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Navy shearling jackets

Skip

As some you may know I've been looking for an M-444 (original or repro), and chose this model due to the thinner fleece, as due to the usually mild to cool Australian Winter (but sometimes cold but rarely if ever freezing) I''m more likely to get more wear out of an M-444, rather than an M-445 (or AN-J-4).

Not having had any experience with these particular jackets I'm curious to know how warm is an M-445 and would it be too warm for Australian conditions (I should clarify, Southern Australian conditions - its rare for us to drop below zero all day, and on the coast the lowest it gets in Wollongong is between 6-12 degrees and thats a rare day mostly its 15-18)? Also with the thicker fleece I'm asuming its not only warmer but heavier too? How much do they weigh?

ECKHARTUS

I do not recommend you the originals M-445 or M-444. They are very fragile. On the other hand the ANJ4 is very well made. The originals ANJ4 are less voluminous than reproductions ANJ4 and less thick than B-3. Just my opinion. ;)

Skip

John Lever said:
An m445 for Australia !
I thought it was almost Mediterranean down there ?

That it is, with a little bit more furnace thrown in for good measure some days, but that is Summer, alas I'm thinking of cold winter days in the snow ahead. I'm getting the picture the M445 is a bit too warm and the M444?

Skip

Not exactly normal Australian operating temps, many thanks John and Eckhartus

Skip

Thought about the B6 but prefer the patch pockets and look of the m444, and is not the shearling the same weight (10mm)?