• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Name Tags / Fonts and Styles

a2jacketpatches

I'm looking to invest a little money into name tag production options. Gold and silver embossed and at least three or four different fonts. Any photos you may have would be appreciated. Thoughts as well please.

foster

I also see them as embossed into the leather. Especially with the residue collecting in some of the letters.

a2jacketpatches

Your right, not sure what my problem was. Anyway, still looking for some fonts. I've got a guy that'll make any font I need, think he uses a 3D copier or something. Very expensive process but they'll last forever and can be pressed into the leather or used in combination with a heat machine for embossing.

EMBLEMHUNTER

Most of the USAAF types I've seen are block like the posted strip , the Navy/Marines ones of WW2 usually were gold foil embossed and block style again, the Silver foil seems to be more prevalent after WW2 for the USAF types , just my observation .
Johnny

a2jacketpatches

EMBLEMHUNTER said:
Most of the USAAF types I've seen are block like the posted strip , the Navy/Marines ones of WW2 usually were gold foil embossed and block style again, the Silver foil seems to be more prevalent after WW2 for the USAF types , just my observation .
Johnny
Yup, Yup, and Yup. Lots of variations though. I've got the usual coming already.

a2jacketpatches

That first one in gold is more like the set I have coming, a little thinner than the usual chubby TANDY LEATHER FACTORY stamps. And that second one I just did for a guy in the same lay out, English, Arabic, and Chinese. I'll bet this was the model for his tag.

YoungMedic

I always liked this look

image.jpg

shedonwanna

Top name tag is a modern font and the bottom is a period font. The top one was made for Platton and he may have some for sale especially if you want a jacket to got with it! I get requests for just about any font you can imagine. You can go broke trying to acquire them all.

oose

one more for you... this one on a knife, but I thought you might like to see the name/wing combo.

All the best
Stu

3onamatch

oose said:
Hi,
This one is on ebay at the moment...

Good luck in your search.
Stu

I'm also in the market for a good reproduction WWII nametag. Who do you guys recommend. I'm particularly looking for an antiqued tag of a similar darkened hue to the one shown here, as opposed to the bright new leather color.

a2jacketpatches

I've got the standard Tandy leather font that everyone else has and several shades of brown dye. Also, I airbrush dye around the perimeter first giving it a nice antiqued appearance. Leather tends to darken a bit round a cut edge because it absorbs moisture more quickly than a top grain.

I'll have my new font soon and a more practical and efficient way of stamping tags. The font is basically the same as most you'll see but thinner and sharper. Also keep in mind that I offer wings with a stamped name as well.

See the following link, I have Jump wings, Aerial Gunner, Bombardier, Pilot, and Navigator is soon to come.
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=16110&hilit=+wings

a2jacketpatches

Here's the font I chose for now, much like the usual but not as chunky. I do plan to get a very thin one and maybe something a little stylized. Also looking for stencils to do the white cotton tape.