• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My vintage half belt

vintage patina

Hi all, as stated in another topic, I'd be showing my vintage horsehide :?: leather half belt for all to see. I am really hoping to learn the right decade this jacket is from. Please see the photos @ this link: http://img.inkfrog.com/click_enlarge1.p ... =382503671

From the little research I've been able to do, I believe the Talon zipper to be from the 50's. So based on that alone, I figure it's at least from then... In all of my searches, I still have not been able to find another similar jacket with the buttoned chest pocket. It really is a shame the original tag is no longer in the jacket. Everything else though is completely original.

Any thoughts on a maker and year?

Thanks!

vintage patina

deeb7 said:
vintage patina said:
Any thoughts on a maker and year?

It looks 1940's to me ... I don't recognise the pocket tab, but it's a nice detail.

Sweet, I was hoping it might be older than the 50's. Thank you for you insight. If anyone is interested I'm gonna try to get some photos of it being worn, which should show off the jackets true chocolate coloring. It really looks like a "heros jacket" to me...wish I started collecting vintage jackets sooner.

wheat1479

I think its from the 40s also.The shape of the collar and slant of the pockets,seems 40s in style.Almost 30s in certain ways,except for the sleeve cuffs.

vintage patina

RCSignals said:
You found the wallet in a pocket? It might help date the jacket.

Yeah, the wallet is very old and the only thing I could find was this imprinted on it:

WITH COMPLIMENTS OF
Farmers & Merchants Elevator Co.
ARGYLE, MINN.
A.A. BUCKINGHAM, Mgr.
YOUR PATRONAGE SOLICITED

So I would have to assume this wallet was a freebie back in the day...

vintage patina

Dr H said:
The Talon also resembles the one on my McGregor/Doniger from 1942-3.

Dr H thanks for that info. I was wondering if the front chest pocket with a buttoned flap would mean it might be from the 1930's... Am I misdirected in my thinking?

Happy Hooligan

I like it. The cigarette pocket reminds me kind of like what levi's use to do or am I'm not thinking of the right jacket, although I don't think it's a levis. I've had a jacket (wool/leather) mix with very similar pockets. makes it kind of "classy"