• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My USN jacket collection...

chamboid

Time came for the Summer, Pecards Massage, and so i thought it would be there perfect time to post some photos, to see what you thought. Never shown there off before, so sorry if it's a bit boring, but, whats the point of having a collection if you can show it off...

The whole lot
P1070050.jpg

GORDON & FERGUSON M-422a
P1070060.jpg

Name patch made out to a SUB LIEUT R.A.B COX R.N.V.R

WILLIS & GEIGER AN-6552
P1070057.jpg

WILLIS & GEIGER AN-6552 (WEARER)
P1070059.jpg

H.L BLOCK AN-6552
P1070058.jpg

L.W FOSTER AN-J-3A
P1070055.jpg

This one is in a bad way, rotted collar, and sadly where is has been beautiful painted, it has peeled and flaked, rot has started to set in, but, will look after it. Considering re-painting the full VO3 insignia, but not sure, as it's only for me it hink I might

L.W FOSTER AN-J-3A (WEARER)
P1070053.jpg

This on has a self-made VF3 leather painted patch, I put it on to cover where name tags had been sewn on many times and weakened the leather

L.W FOSTER 55J14
P1070056.jpg

H.L BLOCK M-445A
P1060723.jpg

love this jacket, but the left sleeve has exploded

Hope you like them, I'm quite proud of the collection, still looking for a Monarch or Cagleco 7823(AER) then I'll feel the collection is sort of complete.

Rutger

yeah, collector alright . Why would one need five of the same jackets if you can only wear one at a time ;)
Is the N1 an original or a repro?

Navy fan I suppose? or also into A2's or nylon?

chamboid

All original it's a late series N-1 in the market for a good Ww2 one thought. One selling in the UK for 350, which is a bit much.

I have a few repros

Buzz black N-1 (William Gibson)
Buzz Roughwear B-15
Eastman Roughwear B-6
Eastman 55j15
Lost Worlds A-2

But original is the way to go. Original A-2 are too rich for my blood though.
But do prefer the 'G-1' design. But I am luck being a smaller size.

Peter Graham

Great collection. I like a man who ploughs his own furrow. I have to agree about the A-2 v's Navy jacket. I much prefer the Navy jackets myself. I'm very curious about your Foster AN-J-3a's. I also have a Foster AN-J-3a but the lining is the same colour as your Foster 55J14. Do you know how many contracts Foster had for these ? I'd be interested to see a close up of the label.

Steve27752

Okay, i've thought long and hard about this...............................It's time to come out of the closet and say.........................................I prefer Navy jackets to Airforce:lol:

Roughwear

Steve27752 said:
Okay, i've thought long and hard about this...............................It's time to come out of the closet and say.........................................I prefer Navy jackets to Airforce:lol:

Really? Shame can't change your user name to SteveM422A! :lol:

CBI

nice collection.

No need to prefer USN over AAF - they are all cool looking jackets!

Rutger

Maybe member profiles should include one's most favourite flight jacket.
A poll would be nice but on forums similar polls tend to get limited response, nowhere near the number of (active) members.
A prize from one of the sponsors could be stimulating though....

I am very, very curious how it would work out.

On second thought, such a poll may be on the forum already. Haven't searched for it :( .

Peter Graham

SteveM444a said:

Don't be ashamed about it. It's just the way you were born. I 'came out' several years ago and I feel so much better about myself.

Steve27752

Roughwear said:
Steve27752 said:

Really? Shame can't change your user name to SteveM422A! :lol:

That's it i've done it (with help)......................................................I am now officially SteveM422a ;)
Although all I have at the minute is one Gibson & Barnes modern repro.