• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My tribute to Francis "Gabby" GABRESKI

bombs away

Hello gents,

Absolutely no leather jacket here, but I just want to share with you a display I've just made as a tribute to the great hero fighter pilot Francis GABRESKI.

Here is a famous pic showing him in early 1943 (he became Major in july 1943) :

3628395566_196bd67491_o.jpg

Here is the display I've made, trying to be as close to the picture as possible :

3629174216_e6f745c2cf_b.jpg

3628408489_75bb72974b_b.jpg

Some help to find the differences :
1/ Gabreski's parachute harness has bayonet type strap, mine has snap faster one
2/ Gabreski's Fairbairn Sykes dagger has a US knife leather scabbard, mine is all FS original
3/ My ID bracelet did not belonged to F.Gabreski ! (even if this one belonged to an USAAF airman)
4/ The mannequin hasn't Gabreski's face !
5/ The P-47 has disappeared !

The other items : A-4 flight suit, RAF type C (early) flight helmet, B-7 goggles, RAF type G oxygen mask, RAF pat.41 mae west, bail out bottle type H1, US Army boots, shirt... all is wartime original and exactly like the ones on Gabreski's picture.

Small tribute to a great man.
I hope you'll enjoy ;)
All the best,
Tim

dujardin

helloooo,

splendid manniquin of a great hero.
well done.
which flying legend will be the next that you will honor ?

byeeeeeeeeee

friendship

marcel

Dr H

Nice work indeed - just an observation, but you need a signet ring on the third finger of the right hand...

bombs away

Dr H said:
Nice work indeed - just an observation, but you need a signet ring on the third finger of the right hand...

Thank you.

I didn't notice that, you have good eyes ! :ugeek:
Is the Dr H an ophtalmologist ? :roll:

Tim

Dr H

You're welcome Tim.
No, sadly not earning that kind of wonga (just an academic)...or else I'd be buying Perrys left right and centre :lol:

Stony

Got to meet Gabby years ago and he signed the lining of my Avirex A-2.

Well done Tim!