• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My Repros and Vintage A2s

Silver Dollar

I put a few of my repro jacket photos in the member's bio section. I'll start a thread and put on some other repros I've done followed my some original A2's I've collected over the years. Hope you all enjoy. Again, as I said in the other thread,although it's all my own work including the patches, I show them not to compete with any of the great artists that are here but just to share my strong love of jacket art.

This first one is one I got from the Cockpit in NY way back in 1985. It was the first one I ever did and was an actual B17 with the 100th BG. A good friend of mine who has now passed was the ball turret gunner. It's also where I got my screen name.

DSC00004-2.jpg

This one is also and Eastman.
DSC00007-1.jpg

This was the first Eastman I bought.
DSC00010-2.jpg

Silver Dollar

Thanks. Here's another one. I don't remember where i got this jacket but I got it about 20 years ago. It's not bad but it's easy to paint on. First the back, then the right breast patch, then the left shoulder patch.
DSC00011-1.jpg

DSC00016-1.jpg

DSC00023.jpg

Silver Dollar

Now for the vintage jackets. I've included the manufacturers label along with the jacket art and patches.
Number one. I'm not sure about the authenticity of this painting because I bought it from a guy that was trying to sell me a leather B15. Even if it's fake, the price was still great.
DSC00069.jpg

DSC00068.jpg

DSC00072.jpg

DSC00066.jpg

Number two. 95th BG. I got this one from the veteran himself
DSC00064.jpg

DSC00063.jpg

DSC00065.jpg

Silver Dollar

Number three. gotten from a family member
DSC00057.jpg

Number four. 386 BG, 9th AF gotten from the veteran.
DSC00044-1.jpg

DSC00046.jpg

DSC00048.jpg

DSC00050.jpg

DSC00052-1.jpg

Number five. Second Air Commandos. gotten from the veteran. Note the theater replaced cuffs and waistband.
DSC00036.jpg

DSC00040-2.jpg

DSC00033-2.jpg

More pics to come tomorrow.

Silver Dollar

Thanks so much for the kind words. Coming from you, that's a huge compliment for me. One thing I hope for is to be inspired by all the great artists on this site including yourself. I never worry about being the best. I just want to learn as much as I can. It's pretty much all for my own enjoyment as I don't sell my work. I suffer from enough PTSD to make meeting deadlines for clients all but impossible.

dujardin

hellooooooooo,

splendid jacket and splendid art...
i really like your jacket named "Hard Luck" from the 386bg, this unit was based in Belgium at A-92 St Trond (Brustem) airbase at the end of the war.

byeeeeeee marcel

ohhhhhhhhh by the way, welcome on the forum

Silver Dollar

Here are some more pics of the stuff I've done. I forgot that I put some patchwork on the front and side of the jacket.

These two, the breast patch and the short winged 8th shoulder patch, belong to the one that says Royal Flush.
DSC00005.jpg

DSC000103.jpg

I did this one without a pinup on the back because I could have gone to Desert Storm and any jacket with a pinup would be confiscated. I wasn't expecting to wear it in the Saudi heat. I just wanted something to remind me of home and another war.
DSC000162.jpg

That's all I have at the present time.

bombs away

Hello,

Fantastic work ! Congratulations.

Of course my main interest goes to your original ones. Brilliant too.
Your experiences with veterans must be fascinating. How lucky you are to have met these brave men.

Thanks for sharing.

Tim.

Silver Dollar

bombs away said:
Hello,

Fantastic work ! Congratulations.

Of course my main interest goes to your original ones. Brilliant too.
Your experiences with veterans must be fascinating. How lucky you are to have met these brave men.

Thanks for sharing.

Tim.

Thanks Tim. The experience with all the veterans I've met has been absolutely extraordinary. I heard so many incredible stories some which even contradicted the history books. One of the most interesting vets I have met told me he was in a Japanese POW camp in the Pacific. One day, he was out in the yard cleaning up with a group of POW's when he heard this loud bang. He turned arround and looked at this explosion and figured an ammo dump in the camp blew up. He found out later that the explosion was over 30 miles away but was so big, it looked like it was in the camp. He then told me the camp he was in was ABOUT 30 miles away from HIROSHIMA!!! He was a real eye witness to the first atom bomb attack. I then asked him how did he wind up in the Hiroshima camp. He told me that in the early days of the war, he was stationed in the Phillipines and the Japanese came in and took over. He then said they marched them for what felt like an eternity before they took him to Japan. He then remembered where he was in the Phillipines. He told me the city of Bataan. He was an honest to goodness Bataan Death March survivor. What an honor it was to meet him. Talk about reaching out and touching history. I'm also a member of the 8th AF Historical Society. I went to one convention and met so many historical figures, I couldn't believe it. If anyone wants to hear some more great stories, I can put them into a different thread.

bombs away

Silver Dollar said:
If anyone wants to hear some more great stories, I can put them into a different thread.

Personally, I'd really like to hear more !

I am lucky to be in touch with some veterans and I always learn a lot thanks to them. I learn about their experience during wartime, but also about life in general.

You could start a neaw thread in the "life beyond the internet" section if we are a few guys who'd like to hear more.

Tim.

TankBuster

bombs away said:
Silver Dollar said:
If anyone wants to hear some more great stories, I can put them into a different thread.

Personally, I'd really like to hear more !

I am lucky to be in touch with some veterans and I always learn a lot thanks to them. I learn about their experience during wartime, but also about life in general.

You could start a neaw thread in the "life beyond the internet" section if we are a few guys who'd like to hear more.

Tim.

I'll second that!

CBI

yes, these old stories are what its all about. My grandfather was in the PI, Iwo Jima and Okinawa (Marine infantry). A post war drill-instructor and later taught CIA/Secret Service agents hoiw to shoot firearms. He passed away a few years ago.