• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My New Used RMJ "Big Beautiful Doll"

442RCT

Well, my Real McCoy A-2 Rough Wear contract finally arrived yesterday, seems it was hung up in customs until they verified that it was a "used jacket, leather" and it looked the part. The jacket fits me great, but it's probably another one of those I won't be wearing on a casual basis, since it's more about the artwork than about the wearing for me.

DSCF0054.jpg

DSCF0047.jpg

DSCF0059.jpg

DSCF0051.jpg

DSCF0079.jpg

DSCF0078.jpg

442RCT

atkins said:
:eek: who's the pretty lady modelling? Is that YOU 44RCT? :oops:

Nope that's not me, that's a friend of mine who's a commercial pilot and flight instructor at the local airport.

zoomer

Tell her VLJ needs an official model! We'll make her an internet celebrity.

(All above board of course...no cheesecake stuff...well unless she wants to do some...there IS quite a market for vintage pinups...not every pilot makes a load of money after all... :cool: ;) )

What I'm saying is this could be the start of something big. AND beautiful.

442RCT

zoomer said:

(All above board of course...no cheesecake stuff...well unless she wants to do some...there IS quite a market for vintage pinups...not every pilot makes a load of money after all... :cool: ;) )

She said she'd be interested in being the 'official' VLJ model...and most definitely wants it understood, absolutely NO cheesecake. She wants it understood that she's a professional pilot first and foremost.

Uh, what is it that you want her to model and why does VLJ want an 'official' model ?

442RCT

bseal said:
Very cool. Any information on the artist?

e-mail from the seller:

"The jacket was aged a little to give it a vintage look. This was done by the artist-Yasuji Yushina.The condition of the jacket is excellent with little wear. The lining is perfect and so are the cuffs.The artwork was comissioned and was hand painted using special leather paints.I was told that over 16 hours were used in completing the project! The Vargas girl was painted using as example an August 1945 Esquire fold out original from my collection.The idea or concept as a Col. Landers tribute was mine.The idea of using a checkered portal with Col. Landers P-51 flying out was also mine. The artist simply executed the idea with great sucess."

Andrew

442RCT said:
atkins said:
:eek: who's the pretty lady modelling? Is that YOU 44RCT? :oops:

Nope that's not me, that's a friend of mine who's a commercial pilot and flight instructor at the local airport.

Lucky, otherwise Peter Graham would have been on the first flight out of Northern Ireland... :cool:

zoomer

442RCT said:
zoomer said:

She said she'd be interested in being the 'official' VLJ model...and most definitely wants it understood, absolutely NO cheesecake. She wants it understood that she's a professional pilot first and foremost.

Uh, what is it that you want her to model and why does VLJ want an 'official' model ?
Oof, I didn't expect to be taken that seriously! What I was musing about, tho, was slong the lines of "442 gets a cool jacket and Pilot gets to model it for the (limited) public." Much what you did here.

I do see her point though. Aviation is such a good ole boy club already that it wouldn't be such a hot idea to risk pandering to that mentality. It would be too easy to become well known in the wrong way.

442RCT

zoomer said:

Oof, I didn't expect to be taken that seriously! What I was musing about, tho, was slong the lines of "442 gets a cool jacket and Pilot gets to model it for the (limited) public." Much what you did here.

Darn it, now what am I going to do with all the hawt chicks who've applied to be photographed for a shot at being VLJ's 'Official' Victory Girl ?