• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My New(ish) Additions to the Flight Jacket Collection w/Pics

CBI

I have not have any time to take photos these days. I was able to grab a few moments. Here is the latest batch to add to the collection:

Original Werber B-15A (late WW2 era):

IMG_6927.jpg

IMG_6926.jpg

IMG_6928.jpg

IMG_6929.jpg

Original Willis and Geiger M-422 (WW2 era):

IMG_6933.jpg

IMG_6934.jpg

IMG_6932.jpg

IMG_6937.jpg

Eastman House HH - Got a great deal on this one, could not resist!:

IMG_6944.jpg

IMG_6945.jpg

IMG_6946.jpg

Original Bronco A-2: A recent purchase but too small for me, so its now on the Bay. I sure wish it fit, its just too snug/restricted in movement. Argh!:

IMG_6941.jpg

IMG_6939.jpg

IMG_6942.jpg

arclight

Re: My New(ish) Additions to the Flight Jacket Collection w/

Gee CBI, if I were you, I'd take the Bronco off the 'Bay right now and use it for an "over t-shirt only" jacket. To keep my Mrs. happy I would then let go of the ELC House (which is a good fit, BTW). That Bronco is a keeper.

The other jackets look great!

arclight out

bazelot

THanks for posting. That Willis & Geiger sure does look good!!!!!

bazelot

arclight said:
Gee CBI, if I were you, I'd take the Bronco off the 'Bay right now and use it for an "over t-shirt only" jacket. To keep my Mrs. happy I would then let go of the ELC House (which is a good fit, BTW). That Bronco is a keeper.

The other jackets look great!

arclight out
It does look like the Bronco is a spot on fit

Roughwear

your B-15A looks fantastic in great condition. What size is it? Your W&G M422A is also superb. Is it all original?

Persimmon

John
Great new additions.
Have to say the Bronco looks a peach.
Sorry its just to tight for you but it will make someone a very happy chappy when they own it

deand

Nice additions! Long sleeves on the B-15A, eh?

dean

CBI

thanks Gents.

I know, I know, the Bronco LOOKS good. It fits like a glove (in a good way) but its uncomfortable (even with a t-shirt). I have some other original A-2 wearers so I won’t miss this one too much ........... well, maybe a bit!

The Werber B-15A is a size 42. At some point I need to take some close ups as it looks completely brand new. The original fur collar had deteriorated so what you see is period replacement mouton. Close up, the jacket looks like a new Buzz or something. I have not felt the sleeve length as too long as there is lots of movement and I have come to expect (at least on me) this sort of sleeve length with cloth/nylon.

The M-422 needed cuff/knit replacement and a new half a zipper replaced on the wind flap side. The nameplate is original to the jacket, an enlisted pilot. I think this is a size 44. There was some lining separation that was re-sewn.

I am not a huge ELC fan but I am very happy with this house as a knock around and possible painting project. The previous owner(s) broke it in "for me" very nicely.

Just FYI, I am a 44R in standard retail clothing - right down the middle - 44 regular

the B-15 is a marked 42, the Bronco is a marked 40 (but that’s a mistake - no way its a 40), the 422 is a 44 and the Eastman is a 42.

I hate to be a teaser but there is a great place here in town for leather alterations, I can’t find Paula’s price list but (I recall) assuming YOU provide the zipper/knits/lining, etc. ............

Zipper replacement is $30
Lining replacement is $50
Complete Knit replacement is $30

She can do A-2 and G-1 leathers. She has an old machine but can’t tackle an Irvin or B-3.

She is not any sort of vintage repair expert but a solid seamstress and she is quick (usually 4-5 days). Of course there’s postage and all that. She did a GREAT job repairing one of the sleeves on the Bronco........... for $20.

She did everything I asked on the 422 and A-2 and then some for $48 total but I paid her more. Its quality work! She said she would be up for mail order. Might be worth if for out of towners if one had multiple jackets to send as a bulk order.

Alterations Etc.
2201 Rogers Ave # C
Fort Smith, Arkansas 72901-3964
(479) 783-2399

dujardin

simply one word

sen sa tio nallllllllll

and congrats

Weasel_Loader

B-15A looks outstanding!

The ECL House looks great and from the photos looks like it could pass for an original.

As everyone else mentioned, the Bronco looks like a good fit. I know exactly how you feel on the fit as my GW SAT "looked" like a good fit on me, but was uncomfortable to wear. My GW Bronco in goat fits me great even with it's small armholes.

Nice selection of jackets with just about everything covered. ;)

A

Anonymous

Love the B-15A. There is an advantage to not being 6'4" 230 LBS.

SuinBruin

Hey, I thought you didn't like Broncos based on the "arm rise" or some such. For a guy who claims not to like 'em, you sure have a nice one there!

Seriously, those are some great jackets -- a nice mix of leather and cloth, USAAF and Navy, goat and horse. Very balanced in that respect and certainly engendering some jacket envy here.

TankBuster

Congrats on the cloth. Minty B-10's, B-15's, and B-15A jackets are pretty tough to find in larger sizes. They normally command pretty stiff prices when 100%. The repaired collar looks very good.

CBI

thanks gents. Yes, I took a risk on the Bronco (rise and all) because it was a nice one. I own really nice wearer originals (Aero, Cable, Doni) so I should be able to limp along!

I think I may have some time mid-week to take some close-ups of the the B-15.

767fo

The M-422 looks really nice.

grommet

My thoughts:
I think that the M-422 looks the best on you.
The B-15A is an impressive jacket.
The Bronco looks cool, but it seems reasonable to give someone else a shot at it if it really isn't comfortable.
You must have an incredibly understanding wife (at least I seem to recall that you have a wife).
Keep up the good work. :p

CBI

yes, a very understanding Mrs. She doesn't really mind one way or the other. :)