• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My New Good Wear Acme 18775-P

jschare

I received this from John last week. I haven't had much of a chance to wear it because of an Indian Summer but here are some photos. I love it so far. John suggested this contract based on my body type. I really love the contrast of the dark seal brown leather with the red knits and olive drab thread. Now to save up for a Rough Wear 1401-P!
S7301732.JPG

S7301734.JPG

S7301736.JPG

S7301738.JPG

S7301739.JPG

S7301740.JPG

S7301741.JPG

767fo

Really nice jacket. I just received a Star Sportswear from John in the new seal HH and it is a beautiful hide. Enjoy

EmergencyIan

Boy, that's such a beauty!!! Just amazing looking. Enjoy!

- Ian

P.S. John made me a size 40 Bronco not too long ago.

tater

I just ordered a 40, myself, but I haven't nailed down the contract yet. I'm thinking about the Poughkeepsie or Perry.

jschare

Persimmon sent me a PM asking for measurements because he ordered a 40 also. It seems we have a few 40s here so here are the measurements to mine. John and I played around a bit so yours might be different.

Underarm to underarm across the front: 21.5 inches
Shoulder seam to shoulder seam across the top: 17.75 inches
Flap: 21.5 inches
Collar seam to bottom of knits in back: 24 inches
Sleeves from shoulder to end of cuff: 23 inches

deand

You have a really awesome jacket there, the cherry knits are indeed a compelling choice!

dean

Jaguar46

jschare said:
Persimmon sent me a PM asking for measurements because he ordered a 40 also. It seems we have a few 40s here so here are the measurements to mine. John and I played around a bit so yours might be different.

Looks great. I have put in an order also, not sure which contract I will end up with. Now that we know the measurements of a jacket that fits you, how about your size? Ht, wt, sleeve length (shirt), and chest and waist circumferance? That may help me decide which size I need. Thanks

Great Jacket, the Aero/Acme is my fave Contract. Ive always loved the mix of colors with the cuffs and drab stitching!! Congratulations!!

Grant

It's always hard to judge the true color with pictures taken with a flash. It'd be cool to see photos taken in natural overcast daylight.

jschare

Jaguar46 said:
jschare said:

Looks great. I have put in an order also, not sure which contract I will end up with. Now that we know the measurements of a jacket that fits you, how about your size? Ht, wt, sleeve length (shirt), and chest and waist circumferance? That may help me decide which size I need. Thanks

I'm 5'8", weigh 138-140lbs, have a 37-38 inch chest and a 31 inch waist. I wear a 15x32 shirt, sometimes a 15.5x32 and wear a 38 short or regular depending on the suit.

blethook

Congrats on the cool jacket! I also have a GW (size 40) on order. I haven't really decided but so far I have told John it would be a Perry, though I'm also considering others such as the 18775-P, I. Chapman & Sons, RW18091, or the no name 27753 as an alternative.

How about some pictures of the jacket being worn? Would be interested to see the fit?

Also if you don't mind, can you tell me the pocket details: Length & width?

Thank you.

Jaguar46

jschare said:

I'm 5'8", weigh 138-140lbs, have a 37-38 inch chest and a 31 inch waist. I wear a 15x32 shirt, sometimes a 15.5x32 and wear a 38 short or regular depending on the suit.

Thanks. So the total pit to pit X 2 = 43". With a chest size of 37, even 38 that is 5-6 " more. So would you consider it a loose fit, or perfect fit? Doesn't sound it could be too tight. BTW, this was my exact size in 1978 when I ran my first and only marathon. 32 years and 3 back surgeries have tacked on 25 lbs. :<(

My problem may be that while I may for an original A2, they may not be for me.

jschare

Jaguar46 said:
jschare said:

Thanks. So the total pit to pit X 2 = 43". With a chest size of 37, even 38 that is 5-6 " more. So would you consider it a loose fit, or perfect fit? Doesn't sound it could be too tight. BTW, this was my exact size in 1978 when I ran my first and only marathon. 32 years and 3 back surgeries have tacked on 25 lbs. :<(

My problem may be that while I may for an original A2, they may not be for me.

It's not too tight and it's not too loose. Like Goldilocks, it's juuust right... It's very close to the original estimates that John and I discussed, which were:
Front leather along zipper: 21.5"
Front chest width: 21.25"
Back width: 21.25"
Shoulders: 18"
Sleeves: 24"
We played around with the zipper length and sleeves.