• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My new G&B Mark 41 A-2

jschare

Here are some photos of my new G&B Mark 41 A-2. Marc Weinshenker was a big help in choosing this one as my first A-2. Now I can't wait until my tax refund for a Good Wear! Sorry about some of the fuzzy photos...

Jeff

S7300518.JPG

S7300519.JPG

S7300520.JPG

S7300522.JPG

S7300524.JPG

S7300525.JPG

S7300526.JPG

S7300527.JPG

S7300528.JPG

atkins

Congratulation on the first jacket, Jeff! :D , so it is true, impossible just to have one A-2 jacket!
By the way, how's the fit? is it true G&B have a modern " loose " cut? What's your height?
This morning i just received GB horsehide samples, very tempted by the russet , i should admit.

Regards,
Atkins

jschare

Atkins,

I'm 5'8" and about 140 lbs. This is a size 38, which is what I wear in a suit jacket. It doesn't seem baggy to me. Although it is shorter on me by about two inches than the G-1 issue to me in the Navy. The other difference from my G-1 is the arm holes seem to be a little lower under the arm pit. I can't compare to the other repros or original WWII originals but it seems like a normal fit to me. I can wear a shirt and maybe a light sweater before it would look too tight. All in all, I think it's a great jacket and great fit. I dealt with Amy Garcia and she was great. Amy answered every email and phone call, and I sent her a ton of emails. I even received a follow up phone call yesterday asking if I was happy with the jacket! Excellent customer service... I highly recommend them.

Jeff

A

Anonymous

Well done. Nice shade of russet. Were you aircrew in the Navy?