• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My New Eastman book

Just got my copy of Gary Eastmans Type A2 flight jacket identification manual. Over 220 pages. Very detailed book that covers every contract in detail in color. There was only a production run of 1000 books in 2012. This one is numbered 156. I got it off of a guy in Australia that my total cost shipped to the USA was 46 dollars. I consider that a steal! Posted some pics. One worth noting is a pic of a document that shows A2s being chrome tanned and not vegetable tanned. Maybe the very early ones were but by war time when the vast majority were produced they were chrome tanned. Going to take a long time to process in my brain all the information in here.

Attachments

• IMG_0572.jpeg
    IMG_0572.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 78
  • IMG_0564.jpeg
    IMG_0564.jpeg
    980.1 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_0570.jpeg
    IMG_0570.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 67
  • IMG_0565.jpeg
    IMG_0565.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 47

33-1729

Just got my copy of Gary Eastmans Type A2 flight jacket identification manual. Over 220 pages. Very detailed book that covers every contract in detail in color. There was only a production run of 1000 books in 2012. This one is numbered 156. I got it off of a guy in Australia that my total cost shipped to the USA was 46 dollars. I consider that a steal! Posted some pics. One worth noting is a pic of a document that shows A2s being chrome tanned and not vegetable tanned. Maybe the very early ones were but by war time when the vast majority were produced they were chrome tanned. Going to take a long time to process in my brain all the information in here.

Great choice! Of all the books I've read with information on the A-2 Mr Eastman's book is the best.

Since his book was published more information has been uncovered, even declassified, including the find of a [sole] Rough Wear 42-1671-P survivor that Mr Eastman discovered the paperwork on years before and included in that book. Mr Chapman of Good Wear found the jacket and sold it to Mr Eastman a few years ago. The most up-to-date list is in the link below. And all of the supporting information is on this site. Enjoy!

Been trying to find one, haven't seen one for any price since I started looking for one...
Been looking for some time. I realized that with only a 1000 copies and probably A2 collectors having them probably none would come up for sale or they would be expensive. I saw this when it was posted for sale 1 minute after it was posted and jumped on it. Immediately after me guys jumped in asking for 2nd and 3rd. It was quoted in Australian dollars and the price got better once I realized the conversion rate. Still can’t believe I have it in my hands.

warguy

Congrats. My favorite book. I have seen sellers trying to command huge amounts, including one ebayer trying to fetch $600 for it! I dont know if any of those attempts have been successful but one thing for sure, you scored!