• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My New At The Front B 10 Artwork.

Silver Dollar

Here's my new At The Front B 10 all painted up and ready to wear. I used Liquitex and Windsor Newton acrylic paints which worked very well. The wings on the front are not painted on but are actual WWII flight surgeon wings. The DDS over the blue "in theater" patch is so I don't wind up violating the Stolen Valor Act. Hope you like.
DSC00125-1.jpg

DSC00141.jpg

DSC00145.jpg

DSC00144.jpg

I didn't want to cover up this great looking decal that came on the jacket.
DSC00147.jpg

This is the jacket getting a CAT scan.
DSC00126.jpg

atkins

Woohooo, great artwork SD! did you feel the satisfaction after the last drawn color? Thanks for the paint spec info too. Planning to 'weather' it?

dujardin

wowwwwww

great artwork, good result.

is the back paint based on an original or is it a personnal custom paint ?

thankssss
marcel

Silver Dollar

Hey Atkins. It felt good to lay on the last brush stroke. It felt really good getting back into nose art again. I went and did this because all you patch and jacket painters got me hooked again. The last jacket I did was about 5 years ago. I got that ol' feelin' and it kept on tugging at me until I just had to let it out. For that I thank you all. No, I won't weather it. I'll just let it evolve on its own.

Hey Marcel. The jacket is pretty much my own design. The original Silver Dollar jackets from the first crew were kind of bland. That was because the original nose art when my good friend flew his 30 missions was kind of bland also. It just said "Silver Dollar" and "In God We Trust" in block letters inside a simple outline of the star and bar insig. The 100th BG artists used a lot of Old English lettering on the jackets so I thought I would carry that tradition on. The Latin just had to be in Roman letters. I've already got the design for my next jacket ready to go. It'll be on the back of a Cockpit B 15A I bought a couple of years ago at the Air Force Museum. See what you guys started? :eek: :mrgreen:

You know, I was thinking today that I need to ask members if they had any B10's with art as im keen to do one myself.......BAM there it is!!

Awesome man!! Looks great!!

Anyone got others the could post up? Any Originals?

:) :) :)

Silver Dollar

Thanks for the kind words. I have a few pictures that I took of the jackets at the Air Force Museum. All I need to do is resize them and I'll post them for you. There are a couple of pretty good ones.

Silver Dollar

oldskoolonly said:
Whats the ATF B-10 like anyhow? Im this close to buying one.....

To be honest with you, I really like this jacket. I bought what they call a large which is marked 44 inside. I probably should have bought a medium if I wanted the jacket to fit closer but at this time, I wouldn't have been able to close it. I lost 23 pounds and the jacket fits a bit bulky in the arms. That's o.k. with me because I like to have a little room for a sweater underneath if I need it. Since I've always been shaped like a pear, all my jackets, even my A2's fit like that.