• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My leather jacket collection so far

Richie

I’m not sure I’m in the right place and if I’m not please direct me. I’m new to this forum and just wanted to show what I’ve got so far. First is an early 60s made for Sears D pocket motorcycle jacket. I added a period correct vintage Harley patch and older BSA patch. Second is an Eastman A-2 made for Heritage Research back in 2012. Number 15 of 50. Last is a Aero 1930 1/2 belt on Cordovan CXL. All fit me perfectly and the bike jacket is perfect for riding my Harley.

Attachments

• IMG_7272.png
    IMG_7272.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 112
  • IMG_7275.jpeg
    IMG_7275.jpeg
    226.4 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_7286.png
    IMG_7286.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 101
  • IMG_7288.png
    IMG_7288.png
    3.9 MB · Views: 120

Richie

What is (was?) Heritage Research?
It’s a UK based company that gets garments made in the UK or Japan based on original designs. In the case of the A-2 it was made by Eastman for them in 2012 based on Steve McQueens jacket from the Great Escape before they started doing these in greater quantities. IMO it’s far better than more current Eastman A-2s. I had a roughwear 27752 from Eastman I bought new in 2020 and this one is superior. Better quality foresure. It still exists today.

Chandler

It’s a UK based company that gets garments made in the UK or Japan based on original designs. In the case of the A-2 it was made by Eastman for them in 2012 based on Steve McQueens jacket from the Great Escape before they started doing these in greater quantities. IMO it’s far better than more current Eastman A-2s. I had a roughwear 27752 from Eastman I bought new in 2020 and this one is superior. Better quality foresure. It still exists today.
Can you show us a closeup of the Eastman spec tag?

Richie

Here you go.

Attachments

• IMG_7322.jpeg
    IMG_7322.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 84
  • IMG_7324.jpeg
    IMG_7324.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 81
  • IMG_7325.jpeg
    IMG_7325.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 75
  • IMG_7326.jpeg
    IMG_7326.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 73
  • IMG_7327.jpeg
    IMG_7327.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 79

Richie

Good start, I especially like the Highwayman.
Edit
Oops, should have read the text properly, still like it though, I think Aero's FQHH is awesome.
Thanks it’s an endless task but I’m enjoying it. I really like Aero. I used Thurston Bros. Prices are ok and they have a nice selection in their inventory I’ve found. I’m pretty much an off the rack 44 but sometimes need a bit longer arms.