• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My last A-2 (hopefully) - Good Wear

CK90

It looks like he's using the same/a similar pattern to my 27752 for this 18091. The collar definitely looks bigger than my 18091. Really cool effect.
Absolutely Jan, sort of tweaks the whole proportions of the jacket a little with the bigger collar doesn't it? In fact, if you look at the vintage photo I attached of a pilot in his 18091, the collar on this new pattern is damn close in size. JC mentioned he's reworking his 18091, this is a test sample, how many more tweaks he plans to make I'm not sure - but for me this is just Rough Wear perfection.

CK90

It looks like he's using the same/a similar pattern to my 27752 for this 18091. The collar definitely looks bigger than my 18091. Really cool effect.
Now I look again, I think it's actually identical at this point. The pilots looks a little wider still only through wear and battle time. Give me some time and we'll see how this one evolves.

CK90

This one really demonstrates that RW collar proportion:

front_view2.jpeg

Lorenzo_l

Incoming, gents. An unexpected one, a real surprise and an absolute treat. I'll disclose fuller details about this one when it arrives. For now, enjoy:

View attachment 149591

View attachment 149593

View attachment 149595

View attachment 149597

View attachment 149599

View attachment 149601

View attachment 149603

A true beauty, @CK90. The new goatskin JC is using is simply superb - supple right out of the box and starts to break fast and nice. You'll love that jacket.

blackrat2

Let’s be honest, probably not going to be my last Goodwear! and given that we don’t need much prompting to post up images of Johns amazing work, I thought I would add to the thread some pictures from today.
For reference this jacket arrived end of September last year and has been worn most days since …this is a combat clone but has now started to get added wear from my use

IMG_2865.jpeg
IMG_2866.jpeg
IMG_2867.jpeg
IMG_2868.jpeg
IMG_2869.jpeg
IMG_2870.jpeg
IMG_2871.jpeg
IMG_2872.jpeg
IMG_2873.jpeg

CK90

Let’s be honest, probably not going to be my last Goodwear! and given that we don’t need much prompting to post up images of Johns amazing work, I thought I would add to the thread some pictures from today.
For reference this jacket arrived end of September last year and has been worn most days since …this is a combat clone but has now started to get added wear from my use

View attachment 149945View attachment 149947View attachment 149949View attachment 149951View attachment 149953View attachment 149955View attachment 149957View attachment 149959View attachment 149961
That really is a cracking jacket Blackrat, nothing like seeing one of JC's creations, worn and loved out here in the wild.

CK90

Thanks gents, @CK90 when are your jackets arriving?, I think you’ll love the goatskin
Have always struggled with RW collars but there are some stunning jackets on here where folks have “tamed” them
Just loving the goatskin you picked for this Dubow dude, so much character with the combat clone touch, truly looking like an original now with your added personal touch of wear.

I hear you on the collars, thing is the Rough Wear collars are a thing of beauty for me, honestly just love everything about them, especially when they’re tamed and splayed out a little.

Star has arrived a month or so back - pics soon cometh - and as of last check, Rough Wear is at Stansted on its way - let’s hope they don’t hold it up in customs for two weeks like they did with the Star…