• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My last A-2 (hopefully) - Good Wear

Nickb123

The Pakistani goatskin has a wonderful pebbliness about it and is rather luxurious. Uniform color but still interesting. I believe this is it (with some dye added to get the color right).

IMG_8091.jpeg

coolhandluke

I’ve got a RW A-2 in the Pakistani goatskin - wonderful stuff. I think it would be great for a Navy jacket.
View attachment 142801

I think this is likely the route I'm going when it's my turn in JC's queue here in a few months. It's a bit of toss-up between an 18901 and a Bronco though. I like that the Bronco blouses a bit more, but prefer everything else about the RW. I still don’t know if I want russet or seal.

front_view3-3.jpg

front_view3 (1).jpg

BTW, the old Mexican goat shown in the photo looks identical to one of the hide options that Dave Sheeley offers. If it is the same hide, it is unbelievably comfortable and easy wearing with zero break-in needed.

Last edited:

mulceber

I think this is likely the route I'm going when it's my turn in JC's queue here in a few months. It's a toss up between an 18901 and a Bronco though. Did you discuss how dark that you wanted the russet goat to be dyed?
We didn’t really discuss it much. I just said I wanted an 18091 in Pakistani goatskin and assumed he’d make one just like @Wz1999’s. John mentioned he intended to tint it to get it just like the originals. At the time I thought “Wz’s looked perfect…” but I figured John knew what he was doing. Boy did he ever.

coolhandluke

We didn’t really discuss it much. I just said I wanted an 18091 in Pakistani goatskin and assumed he’d make one just like @Wz1999’s. John mentioned he intended to tint it to get it just like the originals. At the time I thought “Wz’s looked perfect…” but I figured John knew what he was doing. Boy did he ever.

Thanks Jan. I think that I want something that's tinted mid-brown in color, like yours and Zhi's. I just wasn't sure if it was a specific option that needed to be requested.

entertainment

The 2022 Mexican goat is really nice, but i think it might be more appropriate for a USN jacket than an A-2. Just my opinion. One of my Navy shearlings has it as the trim and pocket leather. I like the less even, more crease-y texture.

Nickb123

I think this is likely the route I'm going when it's my turn in JC's queue here in a few months. It's a bit of toss-up between an 18901 and a Bronco though. I like that the Bronco blouses a bit more, but prefer everything else about the RW. I still don’t know if I want russet or seal.

View attachment 142887

View attachment 142889

BTW, the old Mexican goat shown in the photo looks identical to one of the hide options that Dave Sheeley offers. If it is the same hide, it is unbelievably comfortable and easy wearing with zero break-in needed.
That’s a very hard choice. I don’t envy you. ;)

CK90

The 2022 Mexican goat is really nice, but i think it might be more appropriate for a USN jacket than an A-2. Just my opinion. One of my Navy shearlings has it as the trim and pocket leather. I like the less even, more crease-y texture.
Agree 100%.
Expecting delivery of a Star 55J14 from JC shortly in this leather, really looking forward to it now. It just looks perfect for a G-1, really rugged, grainy texture, chrome tanned, very close to an original to my eye. I'm thinking it's going to drape really nicely.

Last edited: