• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My last A-2 (etc) (arrived) - Good Wear - pic heavy

ausreenactor

From this thread:

to here. Last Autumn I put my name down in John's queue for a Star Sportswear. A couple of weeks ago he got in touch about a Star he'd just made but which didn't work for someone else and reckoned would be a good fit for me. Shinki seal brown wax aniline horsehide, dark russet knits and reddish thread.

View attachment 76071

View attachment 76072
Are you still going with the one as ordered? Or is this it? Get two and keep the better one?

Lord Flashheart

Thanks Smithy. The timing is lousy given the state of the world but the jacket is spot on. Given my fortune to skip up the queue this probably underlines JC's very practical approach. If he's made a jacket it will fit someone somewhere and if he's got your measurements because you're in the queue and it's the contract you wanted well maybe it will work for you.

Lord Flashheart

Just in time for the weekend!
The depth on that hide is stunning! And that berry thread! wowza!!!
More pics, please! For the love of god, man!!!
How long was your wait time again?
I put down a deposit on 1st October 2021.

Now would I have specc'ed the jacket with these details? Perhaps not. I'd probably have gone with russet knits, and maybe cowhide to be honest, but given that this jacket looked so good I was content this would be on the nail after we'd discussed fit in detail. John was pretty confident about fit and clearly knows his stuff (as you'd expect).