• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My GW Dubow 20960

better duck

CBI said:
I don't mind the creakiness at all. I don't even notice it. I had one person I was sitting next to say, "sounds like you are riding a horse!" But other than that, no problems and that was just funny more than anything else.

Me too! Except there are circumstances when the creaking is really annoying, like happened to me one day last summer: I was sitting with all the other parents at school listening to an informative speach by the headmaster about the different options our kids / my stepdaughter can take after this schoolyear. All is quiet, and every little move I made in my GW Aero 16160 was coming through to everyone in the (class)room loud and clear. I sat very still (but not still enough... Inadvertently I tried wetting the jacket from the inside by sweating profusely, but no joy.... :oops:

Danny, you have a great jacket there, and I feel an immediate kinship, as I am parading - and creaking - around the house in my brand new GW Dubow 27798, that has the same great look / feel / smell! There's a story to tell, but I make that a new post. For now I congratulate you on this great jacket!

cmk-2

Great Jacket. I love my GW. "Great Escape" Re-dye Rough Wear that John did for me. My jacket creaked as well. Go to Wallmart and purchase Leather CPR. Great stuff and the jacket will be as quite as a mouse.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
cmk-2 said:
... Great stuff and the jacket will be as quite as a mouse.

But would you really want to be applying a cleaner/conditioner to a new jacket?

I'd rather live with the creaking, until the jacket breaks in naturally with wear.

Peter Graham

deeb7 said:
I'd rather live with the creaking, until the jacket breaks in naturally with wear.
I had a French Furygan motorcycle jacket that creaked like a rusty hinge for the twenty years that I owned it and I wore it nearly every day.