• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My GW Dubow 20960

Weasel_Loader

Finally got my first true A-2 jacket. Since I was a kid, I always wanted a true authentic A-2 jacket. Since I was a teenager, I've owned two really bad repro A-2s and never had the funds for a good quality one. When I got into collecting flight jackets years ago, I was drawn to the nylon and lost interest in leather A-2s. Well, I finally got the urge to dive into the leather world. JC hooked me up with this returned Dubow 20960 size 44. And it fits PERFECT!!!

It does have a stenciled name inside on the liner. No a big issue with me. It also had a leather name tag. I will be patching this up with a good Wright field patch and a J.H. Doolittle name tag to make this a Doolittle Tokyo raider jacket! :)

Anyone know how to quite these jackets down? These things are noisy when new. Guess I'll be wearing it around the house a while. :)

IMG_1475.jpg

IMG_1476.jpg

IMG_1468.jpg

IMG_1472.jpg

Doug C

Wow, one of the best looking and fitting A-2s I've seen around here, that's cool looking! congrats..
Doug C

CBI

Looks great - Look out - now you are going to want to 10 more GW's!!!
Good catch :D

Weasel_Loader

Thanks fellas. No chance on more GWs (at least for a while). I do dream of a V.Hilts replica RW 27752 though. ;)

My wife is laughing since she hears me throughout the house with the creaking noise this jacket is making. At least she loves the smell of new leather! :lol:

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Weasel_Loader said:
Anyone know how to quite these jackets down? These things are noisy when new. Guess I'll be wearing it around the house a while. :)

Hopeless forum, aren't we? We all tell you that we love the jacket, and ignore the creaking question.

Yeah, just wear it ... my Few A-1 creaked when new, and I'd forgotten that 'til now. You have already started, wear it around the house, wear it to bed, wear it out ... just don't wear it to church, or the movies, for a couple of weeks.

dujardin

splendid,
good catch
fit looks to be perfect

helloooooooo everybody.......
this is what i call a smile

byeeeee marcel

Andrew

Danny, it's all been said, it's a great look and now I want one and the weather to wear it...

wop54

CBI said:
creaking .............. just wear it and it will get better
I found that the 80% of the creaking faded after a couple of times that i walked in the rain for a few minutes. The only part of the jacket that didnt get wet is under the arms, so i wet it at home...

CBI

I don't mind the creakiness at all. I don't even notice it. I had one person I was sitting next to say, "sounds like you are riding a horse!" But other than that, no problems and that was just funny more than anything else.

nogbat

thats a good fit ,it looks good on you , i think gw are very good compared to the rest sorry.... :lol: