• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My GW Doniger

Chris217

Here's some photos of my GW Doniger after a few months of wear.
I had John try to make this jacket as close as possible to the one worn by my grandfather in this photo. Even down to the uneven pockets.
JaciesBirthday020-2.jpg
Rivers01-1.jpg

JaciesBirthday016.jpg

JaciesBirthday018.jpg

dujardin

wow looks splendid and fits right to you.
really nice wearing effect, brilliant.
i really need to wear my jacket most often to have such a splendid aged look.

byebyeeeeeeeee marcel

Andrew

It does indeed look like an original, what a great look and fit-just like the old shot.

Chris, you will have to get yourself a bike or else it just looks like your doing air guitar... :)

tgd31968

Not only a good looking jacket, but you look very much like your grandfather. Put on the service cap and turn your photo b&W, and you could pass a picture of you off as him.

Terry

Grant

Sweet looking A-2. The goatskin that John is using is really the finest leather out there now on a repro. It really is great to see such accurate reproduction A-2's being made right here in the USA, just like the originals.

Chris217

Thanks for the nice comments!

John is really making the finest repro A-2 money can buy, and is a absolute pleasure to deal with. When I wear this jacket it almost feels like I'm wearing my grandad's long lost original, something no other repro jacket has ever come close to.

Tim P

It looks terrific. I love the hides John sources. The question of pocket spacing occurs to me. i have never had a problem with wider spacing but john has been cited as the man who avoids that. that said, they look quite wide to me. not a criticism by any means just an observation.

greyhound52

Tim P said:
It looks terrific. I love the hides John sources. The question of pocket spacing occurs to me. i have never had a problem with wider spacing but john has been cited as the man who avoids that. that said, they look quite wide to me. not a criticism by any means just an observation.

Here is a photo of my original Doniger note the pocket spacing

front_view_flat-1.jpg

Roughwear

greyhound52 said:
Tim P said:

Here is a photo of my original Doniger note the pocket spacing

front_view_flat-1.jpg

George this must be your ultra rare No-Name W535 ac-29971, which is attributed to Doniger.

You are quite right about the pocket spacing as my original also shows.

006-15.jpg