• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MY GREAT ESCAPE A-2

Grant

Ok, it's the wrong Rough Wear contract, missing the Hilts name tag and Captains bars under the collar, but she'll have to do. Never been a huge fan of re-dyed A-2's, but the hides on this 27752 are quite soft and pliable, so couldn't pass this one up. All in all a very solid wearer and pretty badass looking. It's marked a sz 44 but fits more like a roomy 42 - perfect for a blue sweat shirt underneath. ;-)

A2A.jpg
A2C.jpg
27752B.jpg
A2D.jpg

Smithy

Love it Grant. What's really nice is the subtlety with which the redder undertones and undercoat come through. So much better than how the new repros like ELC overdo it.

Can't beat an original when it comes to stuff like this!

Grant

Yeah, agree Smithy, trying to emulate wear and tear on seventy five year old leather can be a challenge.
No history, other than I picked it up from a vintage collector pal who found it on the east coast.

CBI

great find!!!!!!

not a fan of re-dyes? those are my faves ................ with the under color showing through!!!!!!

Grant

Thanks! Normally not a fan because the hides are usually dried out and on the stiff side because of the dye applied. Maybe I've just had bad luck on the re-dyed jackets I've handled - till now.

mulceber

Gorgeous jacket! I love the character of the leather.

Personally I subscribe to the idea that the original was a 27752, so imho, you've got the right contract too.

blackrat2

That’s an absolute peach of a jacket
Great colour and poles apart from the two recent postings on this site
Very nice Grant

P-47 thunderbolt

The colour on that looks gorgeous, I would say eastmans rw 27752 looks very close to that, with a similar shine too. My eastman 27752 is darker than pictures of non-redyed originals i've seen