• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My FIRST GoodWear A2!!!!

PaulGT3

I got my first GoodWear Star SPortswwear A2 from my Mentor B2 Man. OMG, the only thing I can think of
is that i need a P51. I want to thank him B2 Man from the bottom of my A2 Pockets. I have a US Authentic showing
up today too so I will be compare.
I probably wont ever get a P51, (Maybe I can get a Spitfire in the box) but I can drive my 911, and the 911 is the perfect
car for this jacket, both are precision instruments. Just outstanding! To the Nth degree!!

Pics to come when the US Authentic gets here. (I will sneak in my B-3 ELC pics too)

regius

Always a good feeling to get your first GW, then the feeling starts to reproduce and give birth to new needs, so there comes the second and the third... :)

PaulGT3

Well Here is my new Good Wear and I am STOKED!!!!
I will also tack on my ELC B-3 That I got for Christmas
Thoughts?

A-2_41_zpsb165ef35.jpg

A-2_42_zps1ec2f3b9.jpg

B-3_1.jpg

B-3_2.jpg

B-Man2

Damn fine looking jackets and the fit on both is spot on.
Welcome to the forum . Keep in mind that the addiction has begun. ;)

PaulGT3

Thanks I have to thank people like you all for helping me understand the fit!
NOW its IRVIN TIME!!!

Oh and BTW Before I KNEW I could get the Goodwear, I ordered a Horsehide A2 from
US Authentics. I thought what the hey, I will compare the two and sell the US Authentic. Well
as you might expect I ordered the SALE Horsehide A2 in seal brown and got a Prototype Goatskin
in a light russet! Not even CLOSE!!!! other than its a 44. Just amazing. So I told them not to bother
sending out the A2

A

Anonymous

Nice.
The Star is a very good repro. Looks like original from here.

If you have a 911, don't need a P51.

I don't see the US Auth lasting too long.

PaulGT3

Thanks guys!!
I cancelled the whole US Authentic thing. My only regret is not getting to see a lesser made jacket for my education only
to have the same type of knowledge you guys do. Thanks again.
The 911 is awesome. The first automatic 911 I have ever owned the new twin clutch manual automatic.
It shifts on the track when you think you would as a driver in a manual.
I had Two GT3s before this one. But the new Carrera S (2009) is better than those earlier cars

Skip

PLATON said:
Nice.
The Star is a very good repro. Looks like original from here.

If you have a 911, don't need a P51.

I don't see the US Auth lasting too long.

Don't know about anyone else but i'd rather the P-51, even if i can't fly it, it'd still look damn nice in the yard. No offence PaulGT3 but there's nothing like the sound of a V12 Merlin

PaulGT3

SKip, I have many track days in my day and I have been on the front straight many times. Nothing beats the sound of a Porsche GT3 howling at 8400 RPM down the front straight at the track.
However I have been to the Reno Air races alot too, and nothing at the track or the airfield sounds like a P-51 screaming down the front straight before the first pylon. So I agree.

Skip

I had an Alfa GTV6 which I put on the track, alongside some Porches and Italian thoroughbreds and spent all the time playing catchup :lol: Had a ball though, if you come to Oz, and by chance happen to be near Bathurst, give Mt Panorama a go. It's definTely a buzz in something fast