• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My fav nylon photo

greyhound52

Got this from the old site. It shows a variety of nylon jackets. Enjoy.

af.jpg

Atticus

I've always liked this photo, too. In addition to the kinds of jackets it shows, it also depicts how varied was jacket patching in the late fifties and early sixties.

Also---and I couldn't help but notice---almost evrerybody here is wearing a jacket, including Lt. Necktie who is wearing either a B-15D Mod or an early MA-1. One can see palm trees gently swaying in the background, so I guess it just must have been a cool day there in tropical paradise.

AF

Weasel_Loader

My favs.

Bitburg105Change.jpg

TTU_8x10_BW_wrinkle_search.jpg

B58Crew.jpg

Stewart2-400.jpg

This one is interesting since the fella on the right has an Army patch on the left sleeve, which tells me he was a VIP on a incentive flight.

CC_Dillard.gif

Chris217

Cool nylon pics.

By the way, which manufactor(s) made the first run of L-2b's?

Is Buzz Rickson's Tops L-2b a copy of the earliest version of this jacket?

tamoko

Chris217 said:
Cool nylon pics.

By the way, which manufactor(s) made the first run of L-2b's?

Is Buzz Rickson's Tops L-2b a copy of the earliest version of this jacket?

first L-2b
EXPERIMENTAL TEST SAMPLE
Aero Medical Laboratory

Talon zipper like on Skyline Clothing, maybe Skyline made first L-2B.

anybody saw L-2B " MIL-J-7448 " ?

asiamiles

One thing most of those photos illustrate is how fitted these jackets were worn (I wonder if Quinn could even zip-up his jacket!) and I think if someone wore a jacket like that today it would almost certainly be considered too small...indeed, it would probably look ridiculous with jeans or any but the most high-waisted trousers.

Weasel_Loader

Your totally correct. Many people outside the jacket circle or new to it forget how jean, pants and slacks were worn back then. Just watch a movie made prior to mid 60s and you can see. And of course being made to be worn with flight suits is another reason these jackets don't come down as low. ;)