• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My Daughter's New Vintage Painted jacket

CBI

Gents - My daughter just turned nine so time for her second painted flight jacket. Her first was an Aero A-2 (kids model of course) which I have posted pics of before. This is a really nice kids sized HH jacket (circa 1950’s-60’s). She likes dogs and horses hence the nose art and 700th BS patch. I had to do this one quickly so its not the best work but, still looks cool. WW2 theater look. Also, not the best photos but all i have time for these days............ This is a “youth medium” size:

IMG_0440.jpg

IMG_0425.jpg

IMG_0424.jpg

IMG_0430.jpg

IMG_0427.jpg

IMG_0432.jpg

IMG_0438.jpg

IMG_0436.jpg

Cobblers161

+2 That's great work and a refreshing change from our usual fare.

Hmmmm in 2 or 3 years that'd be perfect my Lil' :)

CBI

thanks you all. first jacket I have painted in close to a year I think. No time with work and all.

Yes, there is a clear coat on top of the paint. The paint itself is One Shot - as toxic as hell when you use it but its the closest to vintage paint as one can buy these days - IMO. Its supposedly still close to the original 50's formula but in the last few years they had to remove the lead.

JDAM

Does she like it and wear it? I purchased a nice vintage jacket for my son and he refuses to go near it let alone wear it - apparently it's not at all cool.

CBI

Yes, she loves wearing these, she has been wearing a painted A-2 for a few years and likes the look, especially with Converse high tops (although her recent "design your own Converse's" are not not exactly vintage!

here's the old A-2 that does still fit her:

IMG_3767.jpg

IMG_3765.jpg

the new Converse's - oh well - she "designed them" online:

IMG_0412.jpg

ButteMT61

If you get to a point were she outgrows any of them, and you have no more in line, please let me know. My granddaughter might like those.