• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

my combo jacket by Mark

dujardin

hello all,

some weeks (month) ago, i discuss that i had a project of a jacket.
i saw one on ebay and found her really coollllllllllll.
she still for sale at this day.
here follow 3 photos of this jacket and than the one Mark realise for me.
it's a mix between A2, ANJ-3, B-10, M-41.
funny, nooooooooooooo simply splendid.
she's not yet complete (knits) but i can't resist more longer after mark send me the photos to present you my new ''baby''.
what are you thinking about this beauty.?.
yes of course another splendid work by Mark but tell me more, what do you think of the look.?.

1473army.jpg

1473army11.jpg

1473army5.jpg

now the beasttttttttttttttttttt

general look of an A2
CompDown936.jpg

CompDown948-1.jpg

inside pocket of the ANJ-
CompDown924.jpg

CompDown897.jpg

CompDown920.jpg

mouton collar of the B-10
CompDown913.jpg

hot lining
CompDown899.jpg

slash pockets as on a M-41
CompDown886.jpg

is this not a beauty????
congrats mark for your splendid work

byeeeeeeeeee marcel

jack aranda

Marcel, you rogue. What a jacket! Picture me green as grass, mon ami, that is very cool. Pics of you wearing it are mandatory the moment it arrives.

fishmeok

I'm really glad you like it Marcel- there are a lot of firsts for me in this jacket- inside pocket, mouton collar, coat-weight lining, adult sized slash pockets, etc. It was a lot of fun to make.

I spent a lot of time looking for a good lining, was seriously thinking about sheepskin but it would have added another $100 to the jacket price (at least the stuff I could find). I think the stuff I found is better anyway, it has less bulk and is probably just about as warm.

I didn't realize until I saw the pics above how close I am to that original collar- I was just using my favorite collar pattern. I guess my sensibilities are truly stuck in 1948...

Cheers
Mark