• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My colorized photos

Pilot

The cap is a Netzkopfhaube LkpN101 means net/mesh radio cap. The cap is definitely WW 2 German. The plane is a Me109 ( F or G version) ..guess the pilot is a Luftwaffe-allied pilot ( not Luftwaffe) . The shoulder boards are not German...maybe Hungarian or Romanian IMHO.

Last edited:

ausreenactor

Looks like a Finnish Sergeant? Crossed insignia on the shoulders. Romanian Air Force is mini eagles like the Luftwaffe sleeve rank and Hungarian uses a bold, thick V with thick or thin lines underneath it...

Pilot

Looks like a Finnish Sergeant? Crossed insignia on the shoulders. Romanian Air Force is mini eagles like the Luftwaffe sleeve rank and Hungarian uses a bold, thick V with thick or thin lines underneath it...
Luftwaffe : mini eagle sleeve ranks?

ausreenactor

The field ranks... On the channel jackets and smocks etc...

Eagles and lines..

thGRB6JRP8.jpg

a2abe15ca08173dfc3fc907230e9b18e.jpg

KariJ

That dull shade of mil painting is just. It would also be nice to know the angle of sun (also maybe lat and lng) because it tells a lot of shades and shadows in pictures. I would guess this area should be somewhere close to equator and taken abt 1157-1200 hours local time (shadow on wheels)