• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My BK A2 Monarch !

dmar836

I think it looks great. Too long and people will complain about "tunneling".
You could do a little twisting and kneading. You might be surprised at how quickly that loosens it up a bit. We "wrung out" my ELC like a towel but be careful with the cowhide. You could twist so hard as to stress the stitches.
Keep us informed on the break-in.
Dave

Marv

Excellent looking Monarch and the hide is a beautiful colour which is very similar to my GW RW 27752 in seal brown, enjoy breaking the jacket in.

ME109G10

Yes, I hope to succeed to break it. It's the only apprehension I have as it is very stiff and I'm afraid that it never becomes soft. Do you know special process, cream, do not cause damage to leather ? At first, I will try to wear more often, and I will see the result.

Marv

You can try giving the jacket a hot water misting using a spray bottle (like the one's used for watering small house plants), soaking the leather and then wearing until dry.

I have used this method on a number of my A2 and G1 jackets on horse, steer and goat with great results, helps break in the hide and shows off the creasing and natural grain.

A tried and tested method, a little more subtle (and safer) that jumping in the shower whilst wearing the jacket. :)