• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Muroc/March Field photos updated and new

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
rumblefish said:
I thought I once saw a piece of clothing (jacket probably) made by Security in Chicago, but I think it's label said Golf Togs. Also the there wasn't a high wing monoplane on the tag, but something else, like a golfer. What caught my eye to it was the large Old English S that began Security on this label. I don't know, it was a while ago when I was newly interested in flight jackets. Maybe it was a dream. :?

Yes, that's the same company, Security Sports Wear Co ... so you had Golfing Togs by Security, just as you had Aviation Togs.

rumblefish

Yes, that's the same company, Security Sports Wear Co ... so you had Golfing Togs by Security, just as you had Aviation Togs.[/quote]

Thanks David.

asiamiles

deeb7 said:
I think they're all B-2's, Miles ... the similar, one-piece B-7 suit, had the pocket on the other side.
So the pocket placement on B-2's varied...or could some of those be B-1's? It does seem all pockets may have been flat unlike the one on BR's B-2, which is probably of their own imagining, though I have to say I think it looks better!

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
asiamiles said:
So the pocket placement on B-2's varied...or could some of those be B-1's?

The only difference between the B-1, and the B-2 is the lining. They were contemporary with each other, and shared the same contracts, so any pocket variations will be between makers.

asiamiles

deeb7 said:
The only difference between the B-1, and the B-2 is the lining. They were contemporary with each other, and shared the same contracts, so any pocket variations will be between makers.

Makers were the same for B-1 and B-2? Werber (who seem to have made 2 different B-2's), Switzlik, and...?

Unfortunately we can't see any linings as they're all worn zipped right up, so we don't know if they're blanket, moquette or sheepskin on the inside.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
asiamiles said:
Makers were the same for B-1 and B-2? Werber (who seem to have made 2 different B-2's), Switzlik, and...?

Yes ... Switlik had at least two contracts, and each appears to have been for B-1, and B-2 jackets, as well as the matching trousers.