• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

More of my new Good Wear's and an ELC - quick pics

CBI

Good Wear Werber new HH:
PA210291.jpg

Good Wear Aero 21996 new HH:

PA210296.jpg

PA210297.jpg

Good Wear Rough Wear 18091 Seal Goat

PA210299.jpg

ELC Rough Wear 1401

PA210303.jpg

PA210306.jpg

thanks again to my 6 year old daughter for taking these pics!

Jason

Re: More of my Good Wear's and an ELC - quick pics

I'm lovin' how that Werber looks, perfect shade of russet.
Temptation get behind thee!

dujardin

great jacket....
i enjoy your ''visibility perfect''; great artwork.
splendid

byyyyyye marcel

better duck

Love all of them, but especially the GW Aero and the ELC RW 1401. Great, "period looking" jacket art.
Thanks for posting

smoos

Man, the 21996 and the 18091 look nice, CBI.

How would you describe the differences in cut and in comfort between the two, especially in the shoulders, arms, and arm holes?

Smoos

A

Anonymous

Speaking of the first photo
great color great cut great jacket

Andrew

John I can see why you're raving about the Werber- looks perfect. Sometimes you see a shot of someone in their jacket and it's a bit off but that just looks fantastic and comfortable.

CBI

IMG_3716.jpg

IMG_3714.jpg

Thanks - yes I am a 46. My standard retail clothing size is a 44 but GW 44's are too small for me. I have owned 2, I could fit in them but the movement was restrictive. Interestingly, the ELC is a 42!!! that was soaked and put in the dryer. I did the artwork. The jacket was covered with stitch holes but they are practically invisible now, hence the large 91st BG insignia as I was needing to cover where two other patches were. I have seen enough period photos to see that early/pre-war insignia could sometimes be pretty large. I put the nametag above the left pocket as was done so frequently pre/early war.

I love the Werber - the fit is spot on but again, with so many period photos showing the fit all over the map, I like enjoy some leeway/variation in this area. I remember the days of having to change INTO a thinner weight shirt to go out into the cold so I could wear an A-2 over it. Forget it, I like a bit of room. The Werber and Perry are smart fits. The 21996 is a typical Aero - big all over. The key fitting areas: waist, wrist, elbows, shoulders (especially the front of the shoulder bone area) are spot on. Any smaller and it would be uncomfortable. There is just a lot of leather on this jacket. The 18091 is a more generic fit that is less body contouring and kind of hangs off the shoulders (like so many period photos). It’s kind of a "look good on any body shape cut". Generous/rectangular but slim. I owned an earlier GW 18091 and the fit was the same. I think the jacket I own was John's first seal brown goatskin A-2. I hope these photos help show the difference of cuts/general patterns of each contract. Sorry there are not more detailed photos.