• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

More about Army Nomex flight jackets

Rutger

With you being 2" shorter than me, Regular might work as well.
Assuming you already own that Alpha 2XL, I'd simply take the measurements of that jacket and ask any potential seller about the same measurements of the jacket on sale.

If you don't, take a couple of weeks to find yourself a dirt cheap CWU-45 in XL (fairly new/good ones can be found for pretty low prices like $20-$40, but even cheaper ones have been auctioned at ebay in very good condition), measure basic important dimensions (shoulders across the back, pit-to-pit, sleeve length on the outside including knit, back length including knit, front length), and use those to determine what range of measurements are within your preferred range for any other winter weight jacket you would like. Use tag size for quick selection, use measurements to make sure, and if it's not clear what has been measured, ask until clear.

Unfortunately, it's people doing the measuring, so there's always a risk. Also, I've found both CWU and CVC to vary considerably for their tag size.

cheers and good luck

KELORGO

Thank you FtrPlt and Rutger. I'm going to try to find an XL CVC, then possibly an XL CWU 45. The CVC jackets seem to be a screaming deal, so I'll start there first. Again, thanks for taking the time to point me in the right direction.

KELORGO

Cobblers161

Does anyone own an Isratex Summer Flyer's Jacket?

I'm kinda hooked on my CVC Tanker, although I could do with a Long, so I'm looking for a lightweight jacket of similar shape and came across the Summer Flyers jacket. Just wondering how sizing works out on these?

Thanks!

Rutger

Pretty much the same as the winter CVC.
I got two from Creative Apparel ('94) in XL-Long, and these are roomy on me with a knitted sweater on. They fit me like they fit my average winter CVC's in XL-L. I could do with L-Long for walking etc., but the back would creep up if on the bicycle.
If I had to give them a size I'd call them a very roomy 46, a modern 46 or a snug 48 maybe, definitely meant to provide comfort in movement, and if I judge your frame correctly, you might as well try L-Long, but I dunno how the sleeves change as for switching from XL to L.
I suspect the fit may vary for equal tags from time to time, as I have noticed with winter CVC jackets.
If you like I can take measurements.

PaulGT3

I JUST got this jacket yesterday for $22 USD from some one posting it here armygear.net.
Its JUST like the pics in the first pics of this post on page one. I got mine in XL short and it fits
like a 44 A2. But heck thats less than the shipping on most other jackets and I got a pair of current
hot weather boots for $60 usually they are much more.
Nice place
My jacket says isratex inc who ever that is?
whats the velcro opening across the back of the top shoulders

PaulGT3

Isratex winter coat

Like I said mine was a Isratex Winter one, I wear a GW 46, and I got the XL short because thats the only one
they had. Its almost a bit too short in the back. But the rest of it fits well.

Rutger

Re: Isratex winter coat

PaulGT3 said:
Like I said mine was a Isratex Winter one, I wear a GW 46, and I got the XL short because thats the only one
they had. Its almost a bit too short in the back. But the rest of it fits well.

They show up on ebay quite regularly, so either Medium or Long shouldn't be a problem at all. I'd rather think XL-Short to be the rarity.

Willy McCoy

Isratex is a brand that got sued for substandard manufacture of their garments. T'would seem they come apart at the seams.

Cobblers161

Has anyone out there got a CVC in Large Long they'd be willing to part with? If so I'm all ears.

Thanks for the offer of measurements Rutger however I took the plunge and just received a summer Flyers Jacket, by Creative Apparel Associates from '93 at a very nice price. Fantastic jacket, same basic shell bar the rear vent and winter insulation as my Cater Industries CVC jacket and just right for late Spring/Summer.

Gotta love these jackets!

FtrPlt

Cobblers161 said:
Has anyone out there got a CVC in Large Long they'd be willing to part with? If so I'm all ears.

Thanks for the offer of measurements Rutger however I took the plunge and just received a summer Flyers Jacket, by Creative Apparel Associates from '93 at a very nice price. Fantastic jacket, same basic shell bar the rear vent and winter insulation as my Cater Industries CVC jacket and just right for late Spring/Summer.

Gotta love these jackets!

Are you looking for green or tan?