• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Monarch or Willis&Geiger

Bennarion

That's how she was
Screenshot_2023-06-27-18-30-07-854_com.avito.android-edit.jpg

Erwin

How much did you pay for this jacket Bennarion? It was on EvilBay, and pictures from the auction description was good regarding pointing to the 70's ;)
b.JPG
c.JPG

a.JPG

Bennarion

Looks like there may have been a tag under the cleaning instructions, too.

So, was the Monte Stark only a patch, not the original tag?
Looks like there may have been a tag under the cleaning instructions, too.

So, was the Monte Stark only a patch, not the original tag?
This tag was sewn by hand, so I took it off. There was a hole under it. I think that was the reason to sew it on

Erwin

This tag was sewn by hand, so I took it off. There was a hole under it. I think that was the reason to sew it on
The reason why the tag was there is related to the fact that the jacket was sold by re-seller Sporting Life LTD of Memphis, Inc. Looks like they were labeling goods manufactured by other companies with a label with this retro-looking chap that contains a logotype like this label. See an example:
d.JPG

Looks like they obtained similar jackets like these made by A&F [with this ugly and hideous zipper].

Can you share a sale price, I'm just curious.

Chandler

The reason why the tag was there is related to the fact that the jacket was sold by re-seller Sporting Life LTD of Memphis, Inc. Looks like they were labeling goods manufactured by other companies with a label with this retro-looking chap that contains a logotype like this label. See an example:
View attachment 112993

Looks like they obtained similar jackets like these made by A&F [with this ugly and hideous zipper].

Can you share a sale price, I'm just curious.
I looked up Kirby Woods Mall, it's also in TN -- Germantown.

Erwin

I bought it for $160. But not in this place anymore
Very good price, regarding this fur on the collar, it looks very nice. Enjoy, super cool one - except for the zipper ;) On some 50s g1 you can find similar fur [a bit shorter, thicker, and a bit coarse]. But it looks like an aberration for g1 in my opinion [a positive one, I personally like it even more].An example on the left [same contract].
53006280609_17be39e145_b.jpg

Bennarion

Very similar to my jacket, only the cuffs are a little different.
Now I understand what kind of jacket it is. Willis & Geiger collaborated with Abercrombie & Fitch

Last edited: