• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Monarch A-2 made by John

chamboid

The decals seem to be present on retain contracts though. You see a lot of Star Sportswears with Deaks and a few Monarchs as well. Not so many of the other admittedly. But would be I terrarium to find out a dodo native answer.

chamboid

After a long wait my Monarch has arrived. And though the wait and antisipation was enjoyable, having the jacket in hand is much better.

The shinki horse hide is a nice rich russet colour, and though their is no too much character on the hide brand new you can see how tee grain will start to pop through with wear. It's not a dense stiff hide at all, and rather easy to wear right out the box. Which I wasnt expecting.

The 'combat clone' sticking I really like, giving it an authentic rugged/raggedy look and adds character. I am pleased I got the AAF decal as well, and as the jacket ages and this cracks its will slowly start to imitate the originals I have seen.

As for it the sleeves are tad long at the moment, but will crease up to hopefully the perfect length, as for everything else seems spot on.

chamboid

Thanks Wayne, can you remember when we bumped into each other by Blackheath a few years back and asked you about your Bronco I think it was? First Good Wear I'd seen in the flesh. Think I made my mind up there and then.

CBI

congrats - superb work by John. You are young and skinny, the build which these jackets were made for, enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Peter Graham

chamboid said:
The decals seem to be present on retain contracts though. You see a lot of Star Sportswears with Deaks and a few Monarchs as well. Not so many of the other admittedly. But would be I terrarium to find out a dodo native answer.

Haven't a clue what you mean by this but it's a lovely jacket apart from the decal.

chamboid

The problems of typin and not proof reading in a hurry.

Monarch's, Stars and a few other contacts seem to have evidence of having the decals present on them from with being refurbished, but it would be interesting to find out a definitive answer.

johnwayne

Yep remember that chance meeting when it was actually a Doniger, not a Bronco but nonetheless prob still my favoured A2! As a result of that meeting I've popped into American Classics a few times when in town but you must have been 'off shift' each time!!
Cheers
Wayne

zhz44

It fits you perfectly.
But I notice the two pieces of right sleeve have different colour, is it the lighting or because this is a combat finish?

cmk-2

Great jacket and LOVE the AAF decal! Makes the jacket IMO. Where did you get it MASH, or could it be an original ?