• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mint USN M41 jacket

bazelot

I just got this mint USN N1 jacket. It is truly amazing. It looks like it was made yesterday. Zero wear throughout (even on the collar) and a mint label that dates it to 1944. It was a local pick up here in San Francisco. The guy told me he was riding his bicycle in the city. He saw an apartment being renovated and construction workers throwing everything into a dumpster from the top window. On top of the pile was this jacket. Got knows what else was there :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
I got a sweet deal on that one.

Audrey142.jpg

Audrey146.jpg

Audrey145.jpg

Audrey144.jpg

Audrey143.jpg

Audrey147.jpg

bazelot

Forgot to mention that the stated size says 36 but I am a modern 42 and it fits me perfectly well.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
That is amazing ... not faded, still with its original colour. Looks like this one's unissued.

bazelot

deeb7 said:
Amazing ... not faded, still with its original colour.

Looks like this one's an unissued M-41.

Yes it is. I don't like to call anything that is 66 years old mint but this jacket is really mint. It was never worn and never washed. It was badly listed on Ebay and the seller was local.
I won't wear this one as I have 2 other ones like this and I wouldn't want to put any wear on it. Still pretty amazing though. If this guy hadn't picked it up it would be rotting in a landfill now.

dujardin

splendid jacket Bazelot,

bad luck Peter, this is a ''keeper''; Bazelot will never sell this beauty :lol:

byeeeee marcel

bazelot

Peter Graham said:
Wow, what a beauty. Great score Tom. If you ever want to sell it you know who to come to !

I will keep you in mind Peter.
Those jackets are so underrated. They are actually awesome, comfortable and people comment more on them than when I wear a M-422A.