• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MINT STAR SPORTSWEAR G-1 1964

Roughwear

I recently acquired this beauty from a fellow collector in the UK. It's a mint Star Sportswear G-1 from the 0SA-1-3271-64-C, which dates from the 1964 fiscal year. There are absolutely no issues with this size 44 jacket, which belonged to LT. Colonel John A Justice of the US Marine Corps Reserve. The goatskin is supple with a great pebbly grain. The knits are perfect, as is the lining and the mouton. The workmanship on the jacket is superb. I would appreciate any help from members in finding about more about Col. Justice. My apologies for the indoor pics which are were not taken in natural light.
013-29.jpg

019-18.jpg

037-8.jpg

039-7.jpg

021-14.jpg

022-14.jpg

042-6.jpg

041-5.jpg

036-7.jpg

029-9.jpg

038-7.jpg

024-11.jpg

026-14.jpg

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Roughwear said:
It's a mint Star Sportswear G-1 from the 0SA-1-3271-64-C, which dates from the 1964 fiscal year.

Beautiful ... and that contract number should read DSA. ;)

Curahee

Indeed a nice minty looking jacket, great find Andrew. If and when you decide to part with it let me know ;)

galvestonokie

beautiful jacket. the 3 asian coins on the zipper pull indicate number of landings/tours on the Asian continent. an old USMC custom, maybe USN also?