• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mint Monarch M-422 Pictures

saunders

Stony said:
How did this jacket originally surface? Direct from a vet/family? Estate sale? Goodwill?

I got it from another collector who got it from a collector. I could find out where the first guy got it as I am curious myself.

Please do, Stony; I love these stories. Inquiring minds need to know!

Seriously, my hat is off to you, once again, for having the sense and refined taste (and $$$) to give this a good home. And you seem to lack any misplaced sense of vanity and wisely eschew trying on such an irreplaceable "time capsule" of a jacket. Well done, sir! You earned this.

Saunders

airfrogusmc

Stony said:
Stony how heavy is the goatskin on that beauty? Looks kinda thick.

Actually the leather isn't real thick or heavy and is soft and supple.

What a find Stony. That is some goatskin and gotta love that vintage mouton. Ya can't get mouton like that today. Brush it one way its lighter, The other way its darker and it ages much different from the way modern mouton ages.

CONGRATS. And I don't think I would wear it either.

saunders

Stony said:
And you always know how to reach me ...

Saunders

I do, but I noticed that you don't have the PM feature with your user name.

I do now! I wasn't even aware of that feature; when I joined I must have missed it. One of my innumerable acts of stupidity. :eek: