• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mint Monarch M-422 Pictures

Stony

Here are the pictures of the mint Monarch M-422 that I promised to post. Zipper flows freely and the knits still have their elasticity. Not much much more to say about this jacket except to look and enjoy.

m422p.jpg

m422lining.jpg

m422furcollar.jpg

m422label.jpg

m422innerpocket.jpg

m422lpocket.jpg

m422pencilslit.jpg

m422rpocket.jpg

m422cuttertag.jpg

m422knitsfront.jpg

m422armpitvents.jpg

m422zip.jpg

m422talonback.jpg

m422zippull.jpg

m422usn.jpg

m422throatstrap.jpg

m422extrabuttons.jpg

m422back.jpg

m422backknits.jpg

m422gusset.jpg

bazelot

That is one fantastic jacket. I remember when Kurt bought it, he got a great deal on it.
This thing was never worn!!! How is the leather? Really soft? Makes me want to collect flight jacket again.

Roughwear

This really is a mint jacket-perfect in every way, being in the condition it was when it left the factory. So who owns this beauty now?

Peter Graham

That's a stunner. A once in a lifetime find and worth every cent. Is it gonna be a regular wearer ? If I owned it I wouldn't be able to help myself.

Falcon_52

That looks amazing! Just like it was found in the Monarch factory warehouse after all these years. Very nice. :)

Noel

ciddu

Stony, the jacket is absolutely incredible, I never saw anything like it, not even in books' pictures - congratulations!!

saunders

Thanks for sharing! Truly one of the rarest flying jackets in a condition that's equally rare. This is, most likely, the only one of its kind in this condition. I've always said, within reason, everything exists, and I have remained patient in my collecting habits before plunging to purchase, knowing that the best is out there and I can spare myself from wanting to upgrade if I hold out for what I perceive to be the best of its kind or type. You can rest knowing you have the best and will never need to upgrade.

How did this jacket originally surface? Direct from a vet/family? Estate sale? Goodwill?

If you ever want to sell, money is just seconds away ..

Saunders

Roughwear

Yes it is great that Stony has shared this beauty here. I'm sure there are members here with interesting originals but for some reason do not post them on the forum. Come on chaps we would love to see jackets from your collection!

Stony

How did this jacket originally surface? Direct from a vet/family? Estate sale? Goodwill?

I got it from another collector who got it from a collector. I could find out where the first guy got it as I am curious myself.

Stony

How's the fit Stony? Like Pete I know I couldn't resist wearing it.

It's too small for me, but I could probably get it on. I don't want to compromise the integrity of the jacket though, so I won't be wearing it. I also wouldn't wear it if it were my size as I wouldn't want to even rub up against anything, etc.

ciddu

Stony said:
It's too small for me, but I could probably get it on. I don't want to compromise the integrity of the jacket though, so I won't be wearing it. I also wouldn't wear it if it were my size as I wouldn't want to even rub up against anything, etc.
I totally agree, Stony, it is a "time capsule" top condition jacket, and it could be too easily compromised wearing it, even doing it with all the possible care.
By the way, if you have any info about the jacket history, provenance or any details, please share with us... I'm curious too.

airfrogusmc

Stony said:
How's the fit Stony? Like Pete I know I couldn't resist wearing it.

Stony how heavy is the goatskin on that beauty? Looks kinda thick.