• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mighty Eighth Museum

shedonwanna

Here is one of my favorite jackets from the Mighty 8th Museum. I like the technique used in painting this jacket...
heaven_sent.jpg

shedonwanna

Here is a 21st Pursuit Squadron patch and a photo of a few of my best friends at the museum - veterans of the 388th BG. The B-17 is being restored to represent an aircraft from the 388th.
21st_pursuit.jpg

IMG_1990.jpg

EMBLEMHUNTER

shedonwanna said:
Here is a 21st Pursuit Squadron patch and a photo of a few of my best friends at the museum - veterans of the 388th BG. The B-17 is being restored to represent an aircraft from the 388th.
21st_pursuit.jpg

IMG_1990.jpg
A great photo of Americas "Greatest Generation" , My Thanks to them all !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Johnny

jack aranda

Thanks, shedonwanna:
Nice pics. Especially moving is the group shot of the gentlemen in front of the B-17, some of whom had barely begun to shave when they went up into harm's way in those planes. Thank you, gentlemen, for everything you did, and gave.

pdweiser

I've been to the mighty eighth museum many many times, was just there a week ago doing some research in their library. I'm lucky to only live about 45 minutes north of the museum.

pdweiser

Chris217 said:
Pdweiser I live right outside of Augusta.

Yea? I lived in Augusta when I was younger when my dad was stationed at Ft. Gordon for a while.

Do you ever hit up the Peachtree City WWII Days airshow in May?

shedonwanna

Here is a nice pieced 22nd photo squadron displayed at the mighty eighth. Also has some needlepoint for some highlights. Someone around here might like to try their hand at making one of these...

22nd_photo_sq.jpg

shedonwanna

The snapfish link did show an image. Nice job! This is one vintage patch that fits your technique perfectly. Had you in mind when I posted it. We will just need to keep looking for a squadron you haven't tried ;)

pdweiser

Here are some jackets in the Eighth Air Force Museum. All of them are from pictures I have taken. Also I have included some photos they have in their displays of original photos of guys wearing some real vintage leather (back before it was vintage and just leather)

Hope you enjoy the pics.

*Note these are for everyone to enjoy, if you want to use the pics or save them go right ahead!*

IMG_2508.jpg

IMG_6588.jpg

IMG_9987.jpg

IMG_5488.jpg

IMG_6495.jpg

IMG_5142.jpg

IMG_3008.jpg

IMG_6571.jpg

IMG_7230.jpg

IMG_8343.jpg

IMG_3523.jpg

IMG_1234.jpg