• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Man passes up Original RoughWear A2 for $250

TankBuster

Depends how dry rotted it was. If it was real crisp, I wouldn't have paid $250 for it either. If it had a nice original Crown Zip and the label, maybe I would then.

Peter Graham

"I passed on the jacket. The guy ended up being a real jerk. Something about the jacket just turned me off from it, and I had a gut feeling I needed to pass. The zipper wasn't talon but rather some random name "iowa" or something and read "made in USA" on the back. Anyways, the seams on the jacket were seperating, the collar was all torn, cuffs and waist were moth eaten and ripped. The leather was very dry and almost brittle in areas and holes were beginning to form in the leather. I decided to pass and save the money for a really nice A-2. I'd rather pay more for a nicer A-2 than buy one and question its origins. Something just felt wrong about it. The guy had other military items and wanted full retail price for them all but the A-2 he wasn't asking full price and I think that sent up a red flag".

The man did the right thing. What's the use in $250 worth of dry rot ?