• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Maker of my Grandfathers jacket?

Chris217

I posted this a few years back, but what type of A-2 do you guys think my Grandfather is wearing in this picture? This is the only picture I have of him in it.

dujardin

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

really don't know, but what a great photo you have there of your grandfather; thanks for sharing it with us

info about the unit ????

PADDY_M

Wonderful family photo to have. I'm sure Andrew will chip in and ID the jacket when he can. Where was he posted?

Roughwear

I'm afraid I can't ID this A2. The picture is not clear enough on most of the key details. It could be one of several contracts-Aero, Cable, Poughkeepsie for example. It's a great shot though with bike.

Marv

Chris217 said:
Thanks Paddy, he was a lead bombardier in the 833rd BS, 486th BG, 8th AF which was based at Sudbury.

Here's a couple of photos of the 486th BG Memorial at the old airfield site in Sudbury, I took this a few years ago whilst I was there for a wedding.

Great photo of your Dad by the way :)

Chris217

Paul thanks for those amazing pictures of what's left of the old airbase at Sudbury! I'd like to get over there one day before its all gone. I've heard that a housing development is in the works on or near the airbase site..what a shame.
In looking at the collar that bseal just enlarged could this possibly be a Dubow? For some reason when the pic wasn't enlarged the collar looked more square, like an Aero.
I keep hoping another picture of him in his A-2 will surface that will offer more clues.