• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Made my first half belt...

fishmeok

This is a cloth version of an original 1947 halfbelt I have (posted pics a while back). I made a few changes to assemble this like a leather jacket- four piece arms, yoke seam, etc. This is a great design, lots of ways to tweak the basic pattern. This is only the second time I've made something in cloth, kind of a fun change.
Cheers
Mark

CompDown1335.jpg

CompDown1342.jpg

CompDown1338.jpg

CompDown1339.jpg

CompDown1334.jpg

CompDown1350.jpg

CompDown1352.jpg

CompDown1353.jpg

CompDown1354.jpg

CompDown1355.jpg

Roughwear

Amazing Mark. This jacket is of a very good professional standard and better than a lot of wartime tailoring. The fit is spot on. Congratulations.

jonnyboy

Great jacket Mark!

Looks like you've nailed the pattern. I especially like the collar.

Good work!

Jon

Clark J

Half belt and a half pint!!!Ya that dad is "special"too!!......................................short bus....

fishmeok

Thanks- I'm pretty happy with it, not bad for a first try.
I wish I could quit my day job- I need to find a rich patron to support my work- like they used to have in the old days. Clark- you listening? Anyone who buys not one but TWO repop B-15C's just beacuse he thinks it's a good deal has more money than he knows what to do with... :D
Cheers
Mark

Mac

Outstanding, Mark! That cute little fella is smiling because he knows there are a few jackets in his future. ;)

Cheers,

Mac

dujardin

helloooo Mark,

nice one.... surely not easy to realise.
you're ready to copy an M-42

byeeeeeee marcel
greetings to family