• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MA-1 legit contract or fake?

eamenos

Hello,

I have a doubt about this MA-1 contract. Is it military or a commercial version? What makes me doubt the most is that "Skyline Clothing Coporation" is written instead of "Skyline Clothing Corporation" and there is no DSA

Thank you. I attach the photo. If it is useful, zippers are Conmar.

Attachments

• IMG_20221003_130709.jpg
    IMG_20221003_130709.jpg
    487.5 KB · Views: 160

MikeyB-17

Looks legit to me. Never came across a non-military Skyline. The typo could well be exactly that-a typo. No expert on the intricacies of US govt. contracts (but I know there are those here who are), but prepared to bet the lack of a DSA don’t necessarily mean it’s not issued.

Rutger

Rutger

eamenos

View attachment 84229
But if you look at the following picture of another Skyline MA-1 jacket, there are differences between them. In this one, Skyline is written correctly, despite other things.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-10-03-19-41-04-731_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-10-03-19-41-04-731_com.android.chrome.jpg
    572.6 KB · Views: 165

Rutger

Yeah well, I haven't got any further info, I do what I usually do: a quick search on the net to check on plausability. I this case the tag to me appears plausable enough as an original.
Notice that the percentage wool-nylon differs in the last jacket.