• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MA-1 flight jacket

MeachamLake

Some of the originals are comically short, even when compared to WW2 A-2s. Most originals I've come across have about a 24 inch back length. At 6 foot 3, I've long since given up the nylon dream I'm afraid :)

falcon_ib

Try Bronson, they make a repro of the early 8279 spec MA-1 with the more silvery sage green as opposed to the later 60s-70s sage green. $135 shipped USD

https://www.amazon.com/Bronson-Indu...id=1535857171&sr=1-65&nodeID=7141123011&psd=1

I have their B-15C (Mod.) and I think it's a great jacket for the price. I assume they're the pretty much the same jacket except the color, zip pull, and nomenclature tag. I can put up with seamed knits and the wrong sided zipper. The thickness will keep you quite warm and it wears well.

Evan

falcon_ib

No problem, love the pictures of them making the jacket! Just keep in mind Bronsons tend to run small; mine is tagged 36 but fits closer to a 34

Greg Gale

I checked the measurements of my current MA-1, and I guess an "L" Bronson should fit me OK. Now I just have to figure out how to order directly from taobao - which is much cheaper than ordering the same jacket from ebay or amazon.

Garylafortuna

Hi Greg
I recently got a Bronson 37J1 from an eBay vendor in China named dlzlitchi2 . He carries both Bronson and Bob Dong. Very efficient and friendly service. China to Canada in 7 days.

zoomer

I think the MA-1 is why CPT wanted to do a 37J1 with a super low collar and a camo liner.

Greg Gale

Every seller I found on ebay is selling these at a much, much higher price. I'll go ahead and trust taobao and google translate :)