• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

M51 parka Frieze Liner

Shovett

Hello

Can anyone tell me if the m51 frieze liner from the field jackets will fit a m51 parka shell. Are they the same?

Thank you

taiAtari

As far as I remember, they're not the same. But if you don't button them in you can probably combine them (parka liner would be larger and longer). Sleeve buttons might well be compatible.

Shovett

As far as I remember, they're not the same. But if you don't button them in you can probably combine them (parka liner would be larger and longer). Sleeve buttons might well be compatible.
Thank you for the reply. It’s very confusing as others have said they do fit. The amount of buttons look the same. I have small size m51 parka shell so was hoping the small liner will fit. I have the alpaca liner but I find that too heavy.

taiAtari

The parka was meant to be worn over the field jacket/coat in cold/dry environments. This was including both liners in theory. So the parka size s would probably be significantly larger than a jacket size s, not even accounting for the different length and (probably)button spacing of the liners.

ColdDry.png

physcult

I have a M51 Parka and M51 field jacket . Liners are different lengths . They may well button in, I not sure, I’ve never tried because of the length differences. I don't think liners are particularly hard to come by, but the field jacket liners are rarer. Later M65 liners fit in both and are cheap and plentiful . ( but still different lengths ).

Shovett

I have a M51 Parka and M51 field jacket . Liners are different lengths . They may well button in, I not sure, I’ve never tried because of the length differences. I don't think liners are particularly hard to come by, but the field jacket liners are rarer. Later M65 liners fit in both and are cheap and plentiful . ( but still different lengths ).
Thanks for that. I’ve ordered one and they said it is a m51 parka frieze liner so fingers crossed it buttons in.

physcult

I just checked. The button holes do not line up. M51 Field Jacket with frieze liner on the bottom . M65 on top. You can see the length difference in 2nd picture

Last edited:

Shovett

I just checked. The button holes do not line up. M51 with freeze liner on the bottom . M65 on top. You can see the length difference in 2nd picture

I just checked. The button holes do not line up. M51 with freeze liner on the bottom . M65 on top. You can see the length difference in 2nd picture
Okay thank you. The one i have ordered they have said it is a m51 parka liner. Was there a frieze liner made for the m51 parka?

physcult

It looks like there are two liners in that parka?? Is that right?
Parka liners and hoods all seem to be interchangeable. Anything fits anything . The M51 hood fits the M51 Field jacket too. Even the repro liners seem to fit original coats pretty well

physcult

Okay thank you. The one i have ordered they have said it is a m51 parka liner. Was there a frieze liner made for the m51 parka?
The early liners are a heavy fluffy wool.( also a bit harder to find ) The later ones are frieze liners , they are lighter and synthetic. The pic shows a M51 field jacket liner, but it’s the same material in the m51 Parka

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 41
Last edited:

Shovett

The early liners are a heavy fluffy wool.( also a bit harder to find ) The later ones are freeze liners , they are lighter and synthetic. The pic shows a M51 field jacket liner, but it’s the same material in the m51 Parka
That’s the style I have ordered. I have the alpaca style liner but it is very heavy, warm but heavy.

Shovett

If you want light , the M65 liner will work in the M51
I have the m65 liner as well but really prefer the frieze liner. I have asked the question to the store to confirm if what I have ordered is the parka version of the frieze liner.