• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

M422A with painted back

dujardin

hello ,

nice M422a with a Donald painted on the back.

can comeone tell me what is the meaning of the 3 letters NAS ????

many thanks

byeeeeeee marcel

shanghai joe

dujardin said:
hello ,

nice M422a with a Donald painted on the back.

can comeone tell me what is the meaning of the 3 letters NAS ????

many thanks

byeeeeeee marcel

how about item number if it's on ebay???

merci!

bazelot

If I remember correctly this jacket sold around a year ago and it did not have a lining.
I think the cuffs, waistband, lining, tag and collar are brand new.

A

Anonymous

Original Gordon & Ferguson m-422a jackets had the oversized left pocket; this one doesn't.

Jaydee

bazelot said:
I asked the seller, the knits, mouton, lining and tag are Eastman leather.
Looks like a new zip too. That must have cost a small fortune! I wonder how he got the label off of them? (Eastman) I tried to buy a star A-2 label from them just last week, and got a flat NO from Mr Eastman himself! :x
The jacket looks a bit like a G-1 with those collar tips being more rounded than hooked, like the M-422as I have seen.

bazelot

Jaydee said:
bazelot said:
I asked the seller, the knits, mouton, lining and tag are Eastman leather.
Looks like a new zip too. That must have cost a small fortune! I wonder how he got the label off of them? (Eastman) I tried to buy a star A-2 label from them just last week, and got a flat NO from Mr Eastman himself! :x
The jacket looks a bit like a G-1 with those collar tips being more rounded than hooked, like the M-422as I have seen.

I got a tag from aero leather for $10. They were really nice about it. All they wanted to know was see pics of my original Aero without the Label. shipping was free also :)

dujardin

wing nut said:
Naval Air Station.

can someone give me the ''definition'' of a naval air station ?

is there one in Jacksonville ?

if yes, in wich state ?

many thanks

byeeee marcel

Jaydee

dujardin said:
wing nut said:
Naval Air Station.
if yes, in wich state ?
many thanks

byeeee marcel
NAVY Air Base, NAVY Airport, a place where Aircraft are parked and fly from when the carrier is ashore. Also a lot of supply logistics are performed there. Jacksonville is in Florida.

Peter Graham

historybuff_chgo said:
Original Gordon & Ferguson m-422a jackets had the oversized left pocket; this one doesn't.
You're right. I just compared it to pics of my old G & F. G & F's also had USN embossed into the back of the collar in Silver with a completely different font. The knits also have a distinctive grey hue to them. It's not a Gordon & Ferguson.

havocpaul

I am sure this jacket was around in London back in 1980 period, certainly that painting looks real familiar; if it was then Ken had it for sale in his Thrift Shop if I recall....

dujardin

Jaydee said:
dujardin said:
wing nut said:
Naval Air Station.
if yes, in wich state ?
many thanks

byeeee marcel
NAVY Air Base, NAVY Airport, a place where Aircraft are parked and fly from when the carrier is ashore. Also a lot of supply logistics are performed there. Jacksonville is in Florida.

1000 1000 thanks Jaydee
byeeee marcel