• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

M422A contract sizes

Roughwear

With the publication of Gary Eastman's book on the A2 we know the size of most A2 contracts. However as far as I know we do not know the size of M422A naval contracts. You see quite a fair number of G&F jackets come up for sale compared with the other M422A contracts suggesting it was a relatively large contract, but how large? The fact that naval jackets were all made of goatskin which tends to last in better shape than A2s made from horse hide and cow hide is a key reason why proportionally more have survived today. However there were far fewer naval flyers than USAAF ones, so I guess the size of the contracts was generally much smaller than those for A2s. Does anyone have any data of the size of M422A contracts or of any other naval flying jacket contracts? I presume the contract information is available in the US archives as it is for A2s.

Roughwear

I guess from the lack of response that know one here knows the sizes of navy M422A contracts. It would make an interesting research project for someone, or perhaps someone here is doing the work and is keeping quiet!

bseal

Bazelot personally owns 2/3 of the existing survivors. He just needs to do a head count for you.
C'est formidable! :cool:

bazelot

bseal said:
Bazelot personally owns 2/3 of the existing survivors. He just needs to do a head count for you.
C'est formidable! :cool:

I am a hoarder I know :)....... You haven't seen my collection of WWII naval flight helmets, the jacket collection pales in comparison