• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

M-445A restoration update 2

JonnyCrow

Whoever thought this would happen haha better enough to put on :D god it's bloody enormous though, the size tag has long gone but it's bigger than large
FaceApp_1669289478661.jpg

JonnyCrow

Those gussets need working on, ooer missus haha under the arms are very stiff still, looks like a different leather as inside has no wool over them, was it goatskin and not sheepskin? Looks like goat

JonnyCrow

XL would be in the 46-48 range .
It buries me and I can comfortably carry a large sometimes even though I'm a medium, whoever it was issued to if at all must have been a big guy haha, the wear it had though especially the label tells me it must have been issued

B-Man2

It buries me and I can comfortably carry a large sometimes even though I'm a medium, whoever it was issued to if at all must have been a big guy haha, the wear it had though especially the label tells me it must have been issued
So are your plans now to display it?

JonnyCrow

So are your plans now to display it?
I'm not sure Burt, I don't have space to keep/display anything else, it may get passed on to a collector here in Europe as there are few of them about anyway, god knows how it ended up in northern France, France though still has tons of militaria, see my post earlier about the N1 jacket, Normandy, USS Texas provenance