• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

M-43 Service, AAF boots

watchmanjimg

EmergencyIan said:
watchmanjimg said:
Not a bad price at all, but the B width is pretty narrow for today's standards. Might have been a tough fit. Here's hoping for the 10Ds, though. :D

Did you win them?

- Ian

I decided not to bid after all. I don't collect Navy stuff other than a jacket here and there, plus they got pricey--as expected.

EmergencyIan

watchmanjimg said:
EmergencyIan said:
watchmanjimg said:
Not a bad price at all, but the B width is pretty narrow for today's standards. Might have been a tough fit. Here's hoping for the 10Ds, though. :D

Did you win them?

- Ian

I decided not to bid after all. I don't collect Navy stuff other than a jacket here and there, plus they got pricey--as expected.

I understand and, with vintage footwear, one is not sure how well they will withstand actual wear.

- Ian

watchmanjimg

Well guys, my Buzz M-43 roughouts arrived earlier this week. Consistent with HPA's claim, they run about a full size large. This morning I had an opportunity to compare them to WW2 Impressions' USMC offering, and while the Buzz shoes are definitely nicer I'm not sure they're so much better as to justify a price tag nearly 3 1/2 times that of the WW2 Impressions shoes. The law of diminishing returns clearly applies to this situation. Will I send them back? No, because I don't know of a better option regardless of price. Would someone a bit less picky than I be satisfied with the WW2 Impressions shoes? I'd say so. Pics to follow, and comments welcomed.