• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

M-422 (not M-422a) USN LEATHER FLIGHT JACKET 1937-41

havocpaul

A very expensive BIN, just shows how bad the £ is doing these days (thanks Mr Brown!). Patch is much later than jacket IMO. Are prices really rising so much?

bazelot

Citygirl bought it. Not too expensive in my mind as the M-422 Monarch is one of the rarest jackets out there.

zoomer

One or another of our correspondents in Asia can probably confirm that the M-422 is not a "1937-41" issue, but in fact wasn't put in service until 1940.

Pretty handsome example of the few that have seen the light of day.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
bazelot said:
Not too expensive in my mind as the M-422 Monarch is one of the rarest jackets out there.

And with those measurements, 26.5" sleeves ... it would have fitted me nicely.

That must be worth a premium over the two, short sleeved, WILLIS and GEIGER contracts.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
zoomer said:
One or another of our correspondents in Asia can probably confirm that the M-422 is not a "1937-41" issue, but in fact wasn't put in service until 1940.

Asia-Pacific region here ... that should qualify. :)

All three M-422 contracts were awarded during fiscal year 1940.

rpmooreii

I have one of these and John is using it for his M-422 repro. I have been considering selling it after John is finished so this gives me an interesting price comparison point. Mine doesn't have any patches but is in much better condition and is a bit larger.

Jaydee

rpmooreii said:
I have one of these and John is using it for his M-422 repro. I have been considering selling it after John is finished so this gives me an interesting price comparison point. Mine doesn't have any patches but is in much better condition and is a bit larger.

All I can say is CHA CHING $$!!!! :)

jacketimp

Jaydee said:
rpmooreii said:

All I can say is CHA CHING $$!!!! :)

british version...........kerchiiiiiiiiiiiing :lol: