• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

LW Foster 7823

jschare

Here is my newest addition; an LW Foster 7823. It looks practically new. There are no scratches or fading of the leather. The fur collar is soft and intact. The only blemish is from stitch marks where a name plate was removed.

chamboid

Great jacket, love the navy flight jackets, probably more then an A-2. And L.W Fosters are great jackets, their 55J14's are beautiful.

Bet the hide is a of tough as anything. Does it have the USN stamped under the collar or thought the windflap?

I've got a Monarch 7823(aer) which gets a lot of wear.

You're picking up quite a collection, still loving that Star

jschare

chamboid said:
Does it have the USN stamped under the collar or thought the windflap?

You're picking up quite a collection, still loving that Star

It's punched through the windflap, nothing behind the collar, so I'm figuring around 1957.

I like your Dubow. We might have to do a trade for a couple of months... Kind of like a lend/lease... :p

chamboid

Trying to think if I've got anything you might like or might fit you. I have a well worn but beautiful Willis and Geiger AN-6552 which should fit. Some of the best goatskin I've ever seen on a WW2 jacket.

Marv

jschare said:
Here is my newest addition; an LW Foster 7823. It looks practically new. There are no scratches or fading of the leather. The fur collar is soft and intact. The only blemish is from stitch marks where a name plate was removed.

I have exactly the same jacket, same contract and in mint condition also..........yours looks great.

robrinay

I've just bought the same jacket but it's got replacement black knits. I've bought the correct replacements and am looking for a UK tailor to replace them. My wife's dress alteration agency will be my first call. Mine has stitch marks from a missing patch - this one judging by the outline: I'm going to have a go at making a copy in leather - any advice gentlemen?
http://bluejacket.com/usmc/insignia/av/ ... _insig.jpg

a2jacketpatches

jschare said:
robrinay said:
Mine has stitch marks from a missing patch - this one judging by the outline: I'm going to have a go at making a copy in leather - any advice gentlemen?
http://bluejacket.com/usmc/insignia/av/ ... _insig.jpg

a2jacketpatches and emblemhunter make custom patches. a2jacketpatches made a custom VF-17 patch for me and did a great job

I've also got a little trick up my sleeve to follow existing stitch marks and matching them up from the patch, to the jacket, to the liner. Quite tedious and time consuming = pricey but you'll be hard pressed to tell it wasn't the original stitching. Not absolutely perfect but pretty damn close.