• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Luftwaffe Version 2

fishmeok

This is another experiment based on the same pattern. I trimmed the sides and arms a bit, and made the collar a little smaller. It's getting closer....
Cheers
Mark

CompDown1458.jpg

CompDown1460.jpg

CompDown1468.jpg

CompDown1459.jpg

CompDown1463.jpg

CompDown1471.jpg

better duck

Hey Mark, that's another neat jacket you have created there! Getting closer indeed. It already has the look. What else are you looking for, is the devil in the details?
Looking at the pictures again: maybe the lower part of the back panel could be cut a little narrower, making it less 'blousy'? Mind you: this is someone talking who can't hold a needle without pricking himself... :D

fishmeok

If you look closely, the middle aged model is about 10 lbs overweight, so there's that. :D The rest of it is mostly just practice, practice, practice...

Cheers
Mark

jack aranda

The front of that jacket is perfect. It fits just the way it should. I agree with Peter about the back being a little blousy, but the overall effect is of a well-fitting handsome jacket. Another keeper in the stable, Mark.

fishmeok

Thanks guys- It's hard to see in the pics but the back has 2 pleats at the beltline to give it more material and more reaching room- that's why it looks a little blousey. I will probably experiment with that over time and see how tight I can make the back. I need to take some more detail shots tonight after work.
Cheers
Mark

johnwayne

Really nice that is Mark
You gonna do one in black? Somehow I always think of Luftwaffe as being black although as we know ELC do a brown Hartmann!!

Cheers
Wayne

fishmeok

Eventually I probably will, should have access to some good black horsehide real soon.
Cheers
Mark

DiamondDave

Mark,

Access, like TODAY!! The HH just arrived.

DD

Fantastic looking jacket btw, I particularly like the brown hide.

Grant

Mark,
Great progress! It'd be cool if you could make it trimmer fitting overall including the sleeves. I always thought the way Hartmann's jacket fit him looked awesome. Then again, most of your clientele probably weigh double what young Erich weighed. Maybe you should insist anyone wanting a Luftwaffe jacket have at least a 34" waist to get the right look. :)

hartm.jpg

DiamondDave

Mark,

The hide is FANTASTIC!! Truly made to the specs that "our friend" and I asked for. Grainy and stiff, but not overly thick.
Just feels very dense.

"They" actually came through. Though it's expensive, I think it will prove to be well worth it.

DD

fishmeok

Grant said:
Mark,
Great progress! It'd be cool if you could make it trimmer fitting overall including the sleeves. I always thought the way Hartmann's jacket fit him looked awesome. Then again, most of your clientele probably weigh double what young Erich weighed. Maybe you should insist anyone wanting a Luftwaffe jacket have at least a 34" waist to get the right look. :)

hartm.jpg

I can make the sleeves trimmer and take some of the blousing out of the back, but that guy looks like a size 38, probably has about a 20 inch waist... I'm 6' and about a 36 waist (40's period sizing), will never be able to pull off that look... :D
Cheers
Mark

fishmeok

Comparison shots:
Version 1

CompDown1364.jpg

CompDown1369.jpg

Version 2

CompDown1458.jpg

I guess version 2 is redundant since the pics are above, but it's neat to see them side by side. Definitely like the smaller collar and trimmer fit on version 2.
Cheers
Mark

dujardin

splendid work Mark
really enjoy (and prefer) the second jacket.
congrats again.

and... go aheadddddd ;)

marcel